Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

How Accurate Are Round Counts For Training Classes

I'm taking Frank Garcia's class at the end of this month. I'm just wondering if I should bring more ammo than is recommended (1000 rds/day). To those that have taken classes, is it better to show up with alot more ammo than you were quoted? Are the ammo counts generally spot on, or don't you ever shoot as much as you were told to bring?

I'm thinking about doing a 10% overrun. I'd rather take ammo back home, than wish I would have had it.

The inlaws are taking it down to FL for me, so what's a few more pounds in their car?! :P

Thanks.

Ray C.

I took his class in Nov. It depends on your level of skill and how many people are in the class. You said the end of the month, I assume it is in conjunction with the FL Open. If that is the case you will probably have a full class, unless it's a private one. When I took it we went through about 2400 rounds in two days and the first day got rained out at 3pm.

It's an awesome class, well worth the money. BRING A MAG LOADER!!! Your thumbs will thank you.

I have to agree with Smitty.... I took a private two day from Frank.......and we went through over 3250 rounds in two days......he is hardcore....as fast as you can load your mags he will have you shooting. I wish I would have had extra mags......if you can borrow some it may help....Franks class was very intense and focused and I really enjoyed it...he is a great teacher. Bring as much ammo as you can swing. Have fun.... WES

Wow

that is a lot of shooting.

I believe that you don't have to be ankle deep in brass to have a productive session. further, I don't think that I would be able to hold my concentration thru 2400 rounds in two days. Some of it is just going to be hearing the gun go bang.

I don't know, but maybe these instructors think that they have to shoot this many rounds to have the students feel they got their $$ worth...

I would rather have a class where yu shot maybe 500 rounds per day for 3 or so days so I could critique the drill between takes instead of doing it again, rote, and not learning squat or understanding the differences between my performance in each time I ran the drill...

Just my .02 worth.

The class is full (4 people). I don't know when the FL Open is, but I'll be down there for a wedding. My wife will be doing bridesmaids things and I'll be pulling the trigger! (Sure beats going to McDizney Land again!)

Looks like I'll load up some more!

Thanks.

Ray C.