Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Wilson 9mm mags

M.E.Anglin

have 6 new 10 rounders, after seating the mag with slide forward,on just 2 of the mags,the first bullet is nosed down. any thoughts???

M.A.

I'm guessing it doesn't feed like this? Are you using round nose bullets?

We ran into the same issue, when the mags are new the springs are strong, makes it hard to seat a full mag with slide closed, as well as wont feed with a full mag from slide lock.

They feed better if you load them full and leave them that way a couple of days for the springs to take a set, and have your aol's not be long. Cutting the springs maybe an immediate solution to the problem, but you may have more issues later when the springs weaken a bit.

I used Wilson & Tripp mags in my 9mm S.A. 1911-A1 and had nose diving problems until I figured out that I had to use ammo with a long OAL. The only factory ammo I've discovered so far that will function reliably is Winchester white box 115 gr. which is longer than similar ammo loaded by Remington, Federal and CCI.

Now I use reloads with an OAL of 1.165 and the gun runs 100%.

• 1 month later...

glad to hear the problems go away...

I have 6 wilson 10 rnd 9mm mags and a few of them are tougher to seat in the gun with a round in the chamber and ten in a mag...

Same thing on the round not facing up... Thew two mags that came from the factory are fine now... the 4 news that I purchased are a bit pain in the butt.