Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

What to do in Indy?

Hi everyone,

yeah, just curious what there is to do or see in Indianapolis?

It is one of those coupley boyfriend/girlfriend things to do...so I am guessing shooting a match is out...and any monster truck races (darn!)

Thanks!

Hi everyone,

yeah, just curious what there is to do or see in Indianapolis?

It is one of those coupley boyfriend/girlfriend things to do...so I am guessing shooting a match is out...and any monster truck races (darn!)

Thanks!

Chills,

Go see the Indianapolis speedway. Last year my wife and I were actually driving right past the entrance when the cell phone rang. My friend asked where we were and he said to go see the museum and take a ride on the track (they take you around the speedway in a bus). I immediately made a u-turn and we went. My wife is not into racing but she still enjoyed it. lots of history not just for racing fans. Not expensive either. The entrance to the museum is sorta a tunnel that goes under a section of the speedway.

Chills when I was in Indy I was racing Stock Cars and Midgets as well as figure 8, raced 4 nights a week it was like heaven. The heck with the big speedway if you can catch a night of racing at Anderson Speedway you would get a true taste of MidWest Short Track culture. It's been 20+ years but back when they had Figure 8 and their street stocks raced with no Yellow flags so it was carnage all around the track with no stopping the show till the end.

RaceWay park west of the speed way a 5/8 mile is more upscale and on the south east side the 1/5 mile Speed Drome they had races Wednesday, Friday and Saturda/Sunday, and the best in the area was the high banks of Winchester Speedway in Winchester In. As I recall we ran Winchester on Sunday afternoon.

Those Hooziers are not as wild as the South Carolina crowds but they still tip a few back and get a little rowdy.

yeah, I kinda figured that there would be a match at the Atlanta Conservation Club. That's where I did my RO class back in the fall of 2007 with Gary Stevens.

I went out to Indy with my girlfriend who wanted to visit a friend from grad school. We ended up going to the Indy art museum. That place was huge. Unfortunately, none of the Indy gunstores were open on Sunday. It would have been neat to see the Class III stuff...full autos...suppressors...and SBR's...ya know the stuff we can't have in Illinois. (sigh)

That's where I did my RO class back in the fall of 2007 with Gary Stevens.

I was in the same class. I was at the match this weekend too. Good match !! Wish you were there !! Sound's like you were wishing too.

See you at a range some where Brent

Edited by colt