Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

38 Super Loads For Idpa

Rockchucker

I just bought a Kimber Team Match in 38 super. My idea is to shoot the gun in IDPA ESP. So, I guess that I am actually looking to load the cartridge down. I ordered 2000 Zero 125 gr. FMJ, but I am willing to try anything that might be suggested. I also bought 2000 Starline regular 38 super (not the comp case). Any suggestions?

Thanks, Rockchucker

Just finished load development yesterday for this same exact application. Ended up with Starline 38 Super brass, 125 gr Zero JHP (same bullet I use for Open), Fed SP primer, 4.3 grs of N310, loaded to 1.248". Work up to this, the primers are fairly flat. SD's were around 12 fps. Avg velocity was 1067 fps.

Good luck!

Thanks for all the quick responces. I should have mentioned that I have lots of powder options...except the VV powders, which are not all that available in my area and are very expensive..... HP38, W231, WST or any of the Clays powders are what I have the most of....I'm open on the bullets, except that I just ordered 2000 of the Zero 125's and would like to use them......Thanks again for the suggestions, and keep them coming!

I just worked up a Minor 38 Super load out of my 5" iron sight Super to us in the USPSA Ltd. 10 division. Here is the data on it.

124 gr. FP Hornady

4.4 grs. N320

Federal #200

1.125 oal

1050 fps.

It shot really nice out of my gun with a 14 lb. ISMI recoil spring. Very little sight movment. ;)