Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Dawson *Big Ice* Magwell

BigTinVA

I would like to hear some feedback from anyone that has tried one of Dawson's Big Ice magwells. I have large, meaty hands and my grip is a little crowded with a regular Ice magwell. I hope to read some good news about this part. Thanks!

Hello: I just looked at the Dawson site and they do have a big magwell :surprise: It looks to me that it will solve some of the problems that I have with the standard Dawson Ice magwell. The standard one flares my hand out on the bottom and screws up my grip. I have been using the standard STI magwell because of this. I may have to order one to try it :cheers: Thanks, Eric

Buddy of mine has been running one of those for about a year now....HE MADE IT! I wonder where they got the idea?

"Your buddy" and I actually talked about that very thing at IN. I have been trying to figure out who to get to do the same thing to mine and Dawson goes and makes one... :cheers:

They could have used a larger ball end mill. The bigger radius fits the heel of the hand. Nice to see good ideas don't go unnoticed. LOL

This is what I've been running for a long time. I never liked feeling the mag well under my plam. It 'hooks' under your palm, not that it does anything toward recoil management it just feels better. I tried grip tape on the stock ICE and it was too grippy. Once I cut it I was hooked.

post-8536-048616900 1281963694_thumb.jpg

Edited by want2race