Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

SINGLE TARGET CLAY STAND

Question for you guys.

What do you call the target stands that are used at matches for sporting clays, you know the ones that are stuck in the ground and have a 1/2 steel cup that holds the clay? Want to get some for my club but can't seem to find any on line, with my searches, except those made by Champion.

The Champion ones are described as flexible and are rated very high. I want the ones that are solid steel and will last forever.

Any one know what these things are called and who makes them? Seen them on any number of videos of match stages on the internet.

Could use some help......Thanks.....TEEMCH5

teemch5,

Here are a couple of threads that might help. I know there is another one that has lots of good photos, but I could not find it.

Thread 1

Thread 2

Several similar threads are in the Match Management - Pre-Match - Target/Prop Construction threads.

I have also attached a photo of the stands I build. It is actually being shot in the photo. (good timing!) They are constructed of one piece of rebar (any length) and approximately 8" of 1/2" angle iron that is clipped, bent and welded into a "V" then welded to the rebar. Works like a charm and is very durable. I am yet to break one.

Cheers,

Kyle

post-21212-128086791186_thumb.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

I made some out of rebar in a simple t design. The bird hangs off the top and sits over the cross bar. I cut the cross bars with an angle on each end to sort of follow the curve of the bird. Made one and fiddled with the dimensions for a bit, then made 12 more in one evening. You could get the curved pieces by cutting proper dia. steel tube with a band saw or chop saw. That stuff is kinda pricey tho...

• 2 weeks later...