Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

4:30 Am

dajarrel

I hate that I have become so programmed in getting up at 4:30am every weekday morning for so long, that my biological clock even wakes me on the weekends. :angry::angry::angry:

dj

(I know it's pretty insignificant in the grand scheme of things, but I'm awake sitting at this computer and you are still asleep!!!!!!!)

Right there with ya' mano. But look on the bright side... it's awfully quiet (all that Zen "stillness of a winter morning" stuff) so gathering your thoughts is MUCH easier... I get to the paper before wife cuts the coupons... and on my days off, I can GO BACK TO BED!

Scott

DJ,

There is a great drill for this problem. I used it this very morning.

Roll over, look at clock, Say to your mind and body "It's Saturday/Sunday." and go back to sleep. ;)

It kept me in bed until 0730, a full 3 hours and 45 minutes later. Sometimes the results are not as impressive, but it does work. Takes practice, too. Preferrably not Monday through Friday.

Liota

davecutts,

Gee, I hate it when that happens

Liota,

For some strange reason, my body will accept the command to go back to sleep, but my mind just keeps laying there, wandering around, thinking of things to do, wondering if anyone is posting on BE's forum, wondering if it is monday and i forgot to set the clock.hmmm I might as well get up and fix some coffee.

dj

Liota,

For some strange reason, my body will accept the command to go back to sleep, but my mind just keeps laying there, wandering around, thinking of things to do, wondering if anyone is posting on BE's forum, wondering if it is monday and i forgot to set the clock.hmmm I might as well get up and fix some coffee.

dj

DJ,

Baby steps. First the body, then the mind. BE's forum will be there when you get up. So will the coffee pot. (Thank goodness!) :)

I would say "if you didn't set your alarm, it can't be Monday." That statement might get me into a world of hurt, though. :ph34r:

Liota

dajarrel:

I was up at 4:30 this morning, I just could not get to the computer while feeding the baby. I have found that 4:30 is a good time to watch shooting videos. FWIW Doug Koenig's video "shooting clean" usually puts me back to sleep. Then again, I do not shoot bianchi cup.