Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Tac Pro Shooting Center Fall 3Gun

My buddy just called to inquire about the match and ended up 3rd on the waiting list. So if anybody is thinking they won't make it your spot will go to a good cause (half of my hotel $ and gas $).

I just got off the phone with TACPRO - after a long search looking for my application, the guy who answered the phone told me I was 6th on the Waiting List and that someone should have already called me to let me know. I agree with him that someone SHOULD have called, but no one did.

Sent my application in on payday (AUG 16) so I asked him how a guy who had just called-in about the match yesterday ended up ahead of me on the waiting list. I figure 3 days max for mail (probably less since I live two hours from the range) so they should have received my app NLT 19 AUG. After a few more questions, the guy says "I'm just the warehouse guy". He did say that he'd ask the guy in charge to call me.

I acknowledge that I should have sent my app in earlier - completely my fault, but it helps to have money in your account when you write checks. :rolleyes:

And yes, I'm feeling sour grapes because I was really looking forward to this match. Hopefully, it'll all work out.

Edited by Fullauto_Shooter

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My buddy just called to inquire about the match and ended up 3rd on the waiting list. So if anybody is thinking they won't make it your spot will go to a good cause (half of my hotel $ and gas $).

I just got off the phone with TACPRO - after a long search looking for my application, the guy who answered the phone told me I was 6th on the Waiting List and that someone should have already called me to let me know. I agree with him that someone SHOULD have called, but no one did.

Sent my application in on payday (AUG 16) so I asked him how a guy who had just called-in about the match yesterday ended up ahead of me on the waiting list. I figure 3 days max for mail (probably less since I live two hours from the range) so they should have received my app NLT 19 AUG. After a few more questions, the guy says "I'm just the warehouse guy". He did say that he'd ask the guy in charge to call me.

I acknowledge that I should have sent my app in earlier - completely my fault, but it helps to have money in your account when you write checks. :rolleyes:

And yes, I'm feeling sour grapes because I was really looking forward to this match. Hopefully, it'll all work out.

Nothing against tac pro, they have an awesome match and quality people working there, but the logistics of this one haven't panned out to well...for me or you as is seems

If anyone has signed up for this match and is no longer going to be able to make it, PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE contact TacPro and let them know. There are several shooters earnestly waiting on the WAITING LIST for a spot to shoot. So again, if you cannot make it for any reason, MAKE SURE YOU CONTACT TAC PRO to let them know.

Thanks,

Josh

Any luck getting off the waiting list?

Negative. My fault, could've got my app in sooner...but I've never seen this one fill up like this b4...lesson learned. It's too bad, there are only like 7-9 ppl on the waiting list. I'd thought 1 more person per squad wouldn't hurt too bad.

What method of scoring will we be using?

If the owners of TacPro or anyone that runs the match are listening a better set of rules (even though I hate the lengthy rules at big matches) would be nice.

I have shot the match a bit,,,

They use IMG,,, for the most part,,, two on paper or an A....

But it is all in the Stage Description.

Rules, hit the targets. The falling steel must fall. (It can be set hard) so be ready for the heavy steel and not ready to argue the rules of Power factor and target calibration.

Jim M ammo

I'd thought 1 more person per squad wouldn't hurt too bad.

Hope you get in. There's got to be a limit, we've been out there past dark some matches trying to get people finished. This match has 3 surprise stages over some good distances too.

Anyone know the round count, yet?

I shot the RO match on Sunday, it's going to be a fun match.

Actual rounds were approximately 50 pistol, 40 shotgun shot plus a few slugs, 30 rifle. Plus some other stuff you don't have to provide yourself, if you know what I mean. As always, have plenty available.

Scot

Cool Thanks! I look forward to meeting you at the match Mr. Ammo.

yup,,, it will be good to meet you too!

always interesting meeting folks you ,,, talk with on the forum,,, :cheers:

Blind stages,,,, hmmmmmmmm

I like!!!

I Like,,, sometimes they bite me,, :devil: , but hey that's the game!!

And,,, call me Jim,,,, Mr Ammo,,,, :roflol:

Cool Thanks! I look forward to meeting you at the match Mr. Ammo.

yup,,, it will be good to meet you too!

always interesting meeting folks you ,,, talk with on the forum,,, :cheers:

Blind stages,,,, hmmmmmmmm

I like!!!

I Like,,, sometimes they bite me,, :devil: , but hey that's the game!!

And,,, call me Jim,,,, Mr Ammo,,,, :roflol:

Is your son shooting with you?

Actual rounds were approximately 50 pistol, 40 shotgun shot plus a few slugs, 30 rifle. Plus some other stuff you don't have to provide yourself, if you know what I mean. As always, have plenty available.

Scot

Ouch, that ain't much shooting! That's less than 10 rounds/gun/stage. If that round count takes until dark these are going to be some long stages and/or a lot of reseting time or something.

Edited by jtischauser

Scot

Ouch, that ain't much shooting! That's less than 10 rounds/gun/stage. If that round count takes until dark these are going to be some long stages and/or a lot of reseting time or something.

With blind stages,,, round count,,, can be,,, interesting,,

And yes,, Luke is shooting the match,, one of my older Sons, Eric is also shooting the match,,,(I have 5 kids,, 3 boys 2 girls) Eric is 2 of 5 Luke is 4 of 5, just in case you were wondering,,

Luke wants to beat his older brother! this will be fun!

Scot

With blind stages,,, round count,,, can be,,, interesting,,

And yes,, Luke is shooting the match,, one of my older Sons, Eric is also shooting the match,,,(I have 5 kids,, 3 boys 2 girls) Eric is 2 of 5 Luke is 4 of 5, just in case you were wondering,,

Luke wants to beat his older brother! this will be fun!

That is awesome!

Hey guys, take it easy on our Jesse. He may be goofy as hell and may give you a hard time, but please return him generally unharmed.

:)

Ok Mom,,, pin a note on his shirt,,, :roflol:

3 Gunners,,, have to have thick skin,,,

you guys will fit in just fine!! well you know,,, even thought,,, your from OK :goof:

No, I'm just saying it has taken until dark in the past (2005ish maybe), when there was 90+ shooters and the stages more unbalanced. Lately it has been dialed in well with the limit around 75, finish around 5 usually and out of there by 7 after scores and prize drawing. Along with having a tactical flavor rather than a competition flavor, the majority of competitors have for a long time not been typical 3-gunners. More a mix of range members, precision shooters, etc. That's one of the things I've enjoyed the most in RO'ing the match for pretty much 10 years now, watching people get better, get training, and getting involved with all kinds of competitions. This has also helped the cycle time decrease. With all the interest on here and some other boards, it seems like there will be more traditional 3-gunners there this time, so that will be interesting.

I do have to mention, just so no one will be surprised on match day, that the match is 5 stages. I'm not sure where the original poster got his info, it's been running 5 stages for a few years now. All the stages are in natural terrain and have movement over some pretty good distances. I love having the 3 surprise stages, and there was talk of making them all surprise stages next spring. With all the area that TacPro has, I think it could be done if the setup staff can be found. Tell owner Bill Davidson or MD Bill Byrom if you like this idea. A couple of top shooters gave up their competitive match entry in order to build these surprise stages, so it's not a small commitment.

Scot

really, not a TacPro spokesman, just been helping out for a while :ph34r:

I do have to mention, just so no one will be surprised on match day, that the match is 5 stages. I'm not sure where the original poster got his info, it's been running 5 stages for a few years now. All the stages are in natural terrain and have movement over some pretty good distances. I love having the 3 surprise stages, and there was talk of making them all surprise stages next spring. With all the area that TacPro has, I think it could be done if the setup staff can be found. Tell owner Bill Davidson or MD Bill Byrom if you like this idea. A couple of top shooters gave up their competitive match entry in order to build these surprise stages, so it's not a small commitment.

Scot

I like the idea of having 1 or 2 as surprise stages...but not all...a lot of the fun comes not just from hunting for targets, but also from the test of how well a shooter can execute a given course of fire. The surprise stages give everyone an equal shot at gettin points, but after a while can turn into more of "how hard can we make targets to find" and less of a shooting match. Just my 2 cents

Scot

I like the idea of having 1 or 2 as surprise stages...but not all...a lot of the fun comes not just from hunting for targets, but also from the test of how well a shooter can execute a given course of fire. The surprise stages give everyone an equal shot at gettin points, but after a while can turn into more of "how hard can we make targets to find" and less of a shooting match. Just my 2 cents

I totally agree. I go to a shooting match to primarily test my shooting skills, not my ability to locate targets while on the clock. For me, most of the fun comes in figuring out the best and most efficient way to tackle a shooting problem.

Scot

I totally agree. I go to a shooting match to primarily test my shooting skills, not my ability to locate targets while on the clock. For me, most of the fun comes in figuring out the best and most efficient way to tackle a shooting problem.

+1 Gamers!!!

The planning and execution of figuring how ro shoot the least amount of rounds in the least amount of time is the cats meow for me too. Plus blind stages take a lot longer to reset because nobody can help. I'd trade a blind stage for more stages and higher round counts anyday.

Scot

+1 Gamers!!!

The planning and execution of figuring how ro shoot the least amount of rounds in the least amount of time is the cats meow for me too. Plus blind stages take a lot longer to reset because nobody can help. I'd trade a blind stage for more stages and higher round counts anyday.

+1 Gamers!!! :sight: No no .. Stage Bender...

I have not been shooting blind stages as well as I have in the past,,

But I do think it is a test, of a 3 Gun Skill set.

I too hope it is not too much of a find the target, game.

I did talk to JJ at RM3G, about the hard to find targets, a few is ok part of the game two or more stages of them, just sucks.

Gamer = Bad :devil: Stage Bender = Good :)