Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

.40 Magazine Capacity

All-Gator

After years of shooting STI/SV pistols I am trying a CA75 SAO in Limited. So, I'm a newbie to CZ. What is the best way to increase the capacity of the 12-round mags to a full-length 140mm? Extensions? Buy 19-round 9mm mags and modify the lips? How many more rounds can I anticipate?

No, I don't want to buy a TS...I want the small frame. Creativity of solutions will be rewarded...with praise, that is.

Thanks

A-G

I've already been there. Beretta mag extensions from pierce, 14 reliable, 15 difficult, lots of trimming on the follower needed to make it sink into the base. Will not hold slide back. There are also czcustom.com mag bases, that will give you 13 or 14 from what I hear. Also, don't totally discount the ts. There are some out there with grip reductions that are just about as skinny as a small frame.

16 will not work. I removed the spring and follower from my setup, and the 16th round still would not go in. the small frame mags are just too skinny.

Ahh, I see. So it's not just the spring and tall factory follower limiting space, there is no space.

How about one of those el-cheapo (Pro-mag maybe) big stick after market magazines and metal working tools?

Edited by Middle Man

no... click my links and you'll see. the follower is as trimmed as i could get it. a grams follower might make the 15th round easier to squeeze in, but you can still use the followers you have so long as they're center-post style. they will need to be shortened and radiused at all corners in order to work with a base pad. i checked out the pads from czcustom, and they look like the way to go now if you got $40/mag to blow.

one last thing: i don't run a mag well. so, I don't know how the pierce would work with a magwell, if the magwell route is the one you are going.

Edited by burningsquirrels

I've got the CZ Custom extension on the new style 13 round mags (blue followers). They hold 15 rounds. I haven't upgraded my springs yet, but right now I can load all 15 rounds by hand without using a magloader. Loading the 15th round is easier now than loading the 13th round was before the addition of the basepad.

You could also try the arredondo springfield XD extensions. They are about 2 mm too long on a mec gar beretta magazine but they are the right length with a factory magazine. With the mec gar magazine and a grams follower I can get 16 but the follower likes to pop out the top. I need to do some dremmeling on the factory magazines before I can try it on them. I haven't tried the extensions with a CZ magazine.