Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Hello new guy from KY

DualShock 1

Hello, thanks for the great website !!! I've been thinking a lot lately about getting into IDPA, I've been searching around the internet and found a place about a hour from me that shoots every month. Now I have a few questions that I haven't found the answers to yet. How many clips do I need to get started 3? If I use a Glock or a Springfield and just get a trigger job and maybe a recoil spring what class would that put me in? Any help would be appreciated.

Hello, thanks for the great website !!! I've been thinking a lot lately about getting into IDPA, I've been searching around the internet and found a place about a hour from me that shoots every month. Now I have a few questions that I haven't found the answers to yet. How many clips do I need to get started 3? If I use a Glock or a Springfield and just get a trigger job and maybe a recoil spring what class would that put me in? Any help would be appreciated.

Welcome to the forum DualShock, I'm new to re loading and not yet got into the shooting sport, but from what I hear from others is you would need 5 magazines at least and if you scroll down to I for get what thread but find and click on "GLOCK" and should give you some better help! How far are you from Monsferdville Ky? I'm not sure if I spelled it right but my family has land and when I do get into the sport I wanna see how far or if any clubs are out there! And again welcome to the forum...

Welcome to brianenos.com!

You want to get into IDPA right? I shoot USPSA where many production shooters do indeed carry 5 Mags. But IDPA is only two right? But then again I know nothing about IDPA rules.

Three mags are all that are needed for IDPA. You will carry two on your belt and have one in the gun (while shooting). Either of those pistols are fine but don't go out and do any modifications until you have shot a few matches. By then you can figure out what you really want.

Welcome to the forums! But, a little advice..... They have an awesome USPSA match in Wilmore, just about every weekend. I have a house in Clay City, so I get to go up there and shoot once in a while. You really should check them out.

http://www.bgslinc.com/

post-18733-127914490418_thumb.jpg

Edited by GrumpyOne