Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Strong Hand Classifier

gb32

By request I shot the IDPA classifier today strong hand only. All shots except Stage 1, String 5 were shot strong hand only. Reloads were made using both hands of course.

Stage 1

-12 points

29.32 total

Stage 2

-7 points

23.24 total

Stage 3

-36 points

46.29 total

98.85 total SSP EX

Little disappointed I didn't make the MA cutoff but was interesting nonetheless. Props to my wife who rocked out with a 105.72. Bones, consider the gauntlet thrown in your directon.

Thanks Gary, looks like I have to try one strong hand only with a revo, will post the results, if they are not too embarassing. Side note, would love you and your better half to be part of our new match in the late summer at Caswell, hint, hint

OK GB - here you go.

I shot it in ESR because I'm getting ready for an upcoming USPSA match and I had some SP primer 45ACP ammunition to function test on hand at the range today. I did not wear concealment (I typically do).

As you did, all strings were shot SHO with the exception of Stage 1 String 5 (WHO).

Stage 1

(Down 2)

Stage 2

(Down 3)

Stage 3

(Down 16) (ouch!)

TOTAL = 98.94

You win buddy.

When I ran it Freestyle with concealment immediately afterward, I ended up at 82.95 down 16. I was about 0.25 seconds slower on each draw SHO compared to Freestyle. Reloads were pretty close.

Stage 3, String 1 was awkward and slow on the weak side for me. I was 3 seconds slower on that string alone compared to my Freesyle time. That's also where I dropped 10 of the 16 points on stage 3.

I'll run it in SSR next time. That should go a little better for me - I'm partial to K-frames.

Craig

Edited by Bones

That is some great shooting guys.

Well, after the disaster you witnessed in NH last weekend Dave, I needed to tighten things up a little.

ESR is punishment on many levels.

Craig

That is some great shooting guys.

Well, after the disaster you witnessed in NH last weekend Dave, I needed to tighten things up a little.

Craig

NH? There was a match in NH last weekend? From what I recall, that match never happened.

NH? There was a match in NH last weekend? From what I recall, that match never happened.

Yeah- you wouldn't believe the squad I was in... all they did was moan and complain. I was just there to have fun. :roflol:

Edited by lugnut

That match was a disaster (my performance, not the match). Shooting with GIShooter never works well for me.

I tried it again SHO in SSR last night with Linskey (SHO in SSP).

We both ended up at 93.73 sec.

We both dropped 15 points.

No lie - a dead even tie.

I'm sure he cheated.

Then he shot a 77.72 second freestyle Classifier.

I hate that kid.

Craig