Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Blade Tech Drop And Offset?

635 PCSO

Correct me if im wrong. I thought the only stipulation on holsters in Limited, Limited 10 and in Open, was that they had to cover the trigger guard and provide at least some retention. For production I thought that as long as it wasent a "speed" type holster it could be used. As far as the 'DOH' is concerned in Production it should only be legal for women to use. All other divisions it should be good to go.

"As far as the 'DOH' is concerned in Production it should only be legal for women to use. All other divisions it should be good to go."

Sting. This is your opinion or a written rule? The DOH covers a small amount of the ejection port, all of the trigger guard and is very retentive. It is what I am planning to use in Production unless expressly prohibited. :huh:

Is the Blade tech drop anf offset holster going to be legal with the new changes to limited 10? What about limited?

You can use the DOH for L-10 , Open & Limited if you wish.

You can use it for USPSA Production as well.

You cannot use it for IDPA unless you are female.

I observed the Blade-Tech DOH being used by a number of competitors in Production Division at the 2003 FGN, The 2003 VA Summer Blast, the 2003 Area 8 Match and the 2003 Mid-Atlantic Sectional. I don't think the Blade-Tech DOH meets the criteria required for a race holster --- and apparently match officials, including Range Masters, CROs, ROs, and Area Directors agree with that position....

Thanks for the info. As I have just bought a DOH this makes me feel much better. I have been using a Unk Mikes and like it but the DOH is even better. I also use a CR Speed but I really don't think there is .1 differance in the holsters as far as draw speed. Now if I can just find the ultimate mag holder I will be set... :)