Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Spin Off from another thread

Well we have 4 champs now

A-1 James Austin :cheers:

A-4 Sam Keen :cheers:

A-5 Matt Griffin :cheers:

A-6 Jerry Miculek :cheers:

A-2 is a toss up for whom ever shows, there never is a good guess as whos showing up.

A-3 is in a few weeks, A-5 Champ Matt is gonna be there and is a good bet on being the A-3 champ too........Sorry Carmoney, I'm picking Matt over you again at A-3 :)

A-7 is in August, a few good wheelgunners there. I'm picking last years Champ Josh (the punk Kid) Lentz to repeat. ;)

A-8 is Josh's back Yard and I'm picking him there too. :bow:

We'll see. (I'm not too bad on these picks, historically)

Hopalong

A-3 is in a few weeks, A-5 Champ Matt is gonna be there and is a good bet on being the A-3 champ too........Sorry Carmoney, I'm picking Matt over you again at A-3 :)

A-3 is in August. I don't see Matt G. on the list yet, but I hope he and a bunch of other revolver guys sign up! It would be great to have 14 or 15 wheels like we did at A-5.

Based on what showed up in the results at A-5, I don't blame you for picking Matt as the favorite. What doesn't show up in those results are all the extra reloads I had to eat due to silly misses on steel (and shooting steel is normally a strength of mine)! After a bit of a slump last year, I'm actually shooting really well overall in 2010, so I'm writing A-5 off as a fluky day for me. I won't predict a winner, but I know I plan to give Matt--and whoever else decides to rise to the challenge--a real run for it in Revo at A-3.

I too will be running my wheel gun at Area 3. I totaly melted down on stage 8 at Area 5 and that cost me 2 places I believe. Just have to drive a bit harder at Area 3. We will see what happens when the dust clears. :surprise:

I'm doing the math right now, I hadn't signed up for 3 but I would like to be there if I can. I've been working through a new job and house so the shooting has been pretty thin this year, but Area 3 is pretty affordable for a fly-in tournament. Maybe . . .

H.

Well we have 4 champs now

A-1 James Austin :cheers:

A-4 Sam Keen :cheers:

A-5 Matt Griffin :cheers:

A-6 Jerry Miculek :cheers:

Sam you are not from Area 4 and Jerry is not from Area 6 so you and he are not area champions. That would be Elliot and Devon.

It is pretty weak to claim titles that you have not earned.

Cliff Walsh

Lady Killer

I must take back the A-3 prognstication, Matt is not shooting and I only see 3 wheelgunners signed up. SO............. I'll have to go with Carmoney on this one. :blush:

Have you guys noticed a small drop in wheelgunners as an average at the Area matches ????

I think A-8 doesn't have but about 5 or 6 which is a suprise they always have more than 10 (in the recent past).

I also will say BUCKET will take A-2 if he gets out there.

HOP

Its too bad Matt isnt shooting area 3. I had a chance to watch him at area 5 and I must say it was very entertaining. I wish I could watch again at area 3. I wont be running a wheel gun this year, but hopefully in the near future.

Bass

I'm trying to figure it out, with the new job all of my vacation time this year goes to Nationals, so anything besides a one-day match is pretty hard. That said, the flight, hotel, and schedule might work for for A3.

Edited by Houngan

• 1 month later...

Well we have two more "Area Champions"

A-3........Mike Carmoney

A-7........Josh Lentz

(Just as I predicted)

A-8 is getting a little tighter, but I still have to go with Josh. ;)

Congrats to Josh and Mike for their respective wins.

You two now are also on the list to represent the respective areas you are the division champions of. :cheers:

Hop

So Here is the rundown:

A-1 James Austin

A-2 John Bagakis (last years since this years match is after the MCC)

A-3 Mike Carmoney

A-4 Sam Keen

A-5 Matt Griffin

A-6 Jerry Miculek

A-7 Josh Lentz

Congratulations to all the above. :cheers::cheers::cheers:

We're down to 1 Area Champion left, good luck to all going.

Hopalong

• 3 weeks later...

Well, it is a done deal.

The winners of the area matches representing them as Division winners:

A-1 James "Moon server" Austin

A-2 John "Bucket" Bagakis

A-3 Mike "Carmonkey" Carmoney

A-4 Sam "Hopalong" Keen

A-5 Matt "Mad Hatter" Griffin

A-6 Jerry "THE KING" Miculek

A-7 Josh "Punk kid" Lentz

A-8 Cliff "Otis" Walsh

Congrats to all. :bow: With your wins you get to represent the area you won, AND you will be targeted at the MCC as "someone to beat" by the rest of the shooters ! :sight:

I'll see ALL of you at Memphis in NOVEMBER!

Hop