Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Losing my job

JACKAL

After training the other guy's I work with and I've been with the company longer. I get laid off.

That seems to be the way it works alot of times. You probably cost them more. Sucks man. Good luck

The company that I work for has been doing this for the past few years. The latest garbage is forcing everyone in a particular department to work in an office in a central location. People have been told, 'Your job is now 2000 miles away, be there or you're out of a job'. No moving costs, no time off for the move, just get to the new location or else.

That blows man. I lost regular scheduled employment almost three years ago. I now work for everyone I've worked for over the past fifteen years more or less. A little here, a little there. This has made things not so tough.

I hope something works out for you. We all need to stay busy.

I lost a few jobs in my life, every job I ever lost lead me to the place I am now. And I like this place & the reflection of what I see in my wifes eyes.

Stick with it & stay strong , I hope that not to long from now you find this thread and get a grin out of the 'Hate' has truned to a lucky move.

My hands get dirtier than they used to , but soap is cheep wink.gif

I feel for you my friend, I spent 6 months last year without a job. It was really tough, but stay positive and know that there is something better out there for you. Make sure you apply or follow up for at least one position everyday. Make it a habit, and don't get lazy.

• 2 weeks later...