Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

If I want to shoot IDPA/SSP with CZ..

DWFAN

I already shoot a Dan Wesson PM-9 in ESP, and kind of want to shoot a CZ in SSP. I see a couple options.

I can buy a CZ-85 Combat or Get my SP-01 Shadow under the 39oz.

What would you do ? Does the 85 shoot much different than the Shadow, does the short dustcover make it feel much different? I'd almost rather get a new gun, than buy special grips, 10rd mags, possibly a new safety, and or a polymer guide rod if needed to get the Shadow under weight. I like the Combat for the lack of FPB, and ability to make the trigger just as good as a Shadow.

(all of this assuming the 85-Combat comes in under weight to begin with)

I shoot my SP01 in SSP mainly because I can get it to make weight with the 19 rounds mags instead of having to use the 10 rounders to get my Shadow under.

The trigger reset is not as short as my Shadow because of the FPB, but I'd still rather shoot it than a 85. Mainly because of the beavertail, and I like the extra weight.

While I like the beavertail, etc of the Shadow. I would rather shoot the lighter gun in SSP. getting under weight is an effort and it is still really close. I shoot either gun equally as well or equally as bad depending on the day.

I would choose the 85C or a 75B stainless with the upswept beavertail ( and I like the excuse of getting a new gun :D )

So, the FPB on the Stainless B doesnt push it out of the win ? I do like the stainless.. :cheers:

not really..I shot one in USPSA for a half a season..another shooter wanted it worse than I did and made me a good deal.

if you polish it up really nice and adjust your springs you will never feel it. also you can make some adjustment to it to shorten the reset point.

It will make weight. plastic grips(lightend).4oz, fiber guidrod,the light hammer spring cover, this setup on mine just makes 39oz also you can get one side saftey and short mag button too even loose more. I would call cz custom they know what you need.

My Shadow wont make weight. Its a custom with Adj Sights.

Its 36.90 with no grips and no mag.

I cant find grips and a mag that weigh less then 2.10 oz combined.

It will make weight. plastic grips(lightend).4oz, fiber guidrod,the light hammer spring cover, this setup on mine just makes 39oz also you can get one side saftey and short mag button too even loose more. I would call cz custom they know what you need.