Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Looking for help

DBrevit

Looking at holding USPSA at Caswell Ranch in NC, would be 4th Saturday of the month, need R.O.'s, stage ideas, people willing to jump in and help get it going etc, just in the stages of adding 8 more bays for a total of 15 bays and 5 open range fields (should be done by weeks end.

Regards,

Dean

Dean,

Last weekend Pitt County Wildlife Club hosted a Level 1 RO class, and we now have many new RO's in the area that I'm sure would be glad to help. The match date may conflict with other matches in the State, but my guess would be you should get a great draw from the western part of the State as well as lower Virginia. All the displaced ICORE folks now have another way to burn it down 6 at a time. Would be great if some of the local IDPA crowd joined in to enjoy a slightly different aspect of our sport, SHOOTING !!!! Count me in for any help

Almost forgot, dust off the Texas Star, would be great if NC Section USPSA shooters had a chance to practice with the star, so when we see them at the Level 2, 3 and 4 matches, we will have some trigger time behind them

Almost forgot, dust off the Texas Star, would be great if NC Section USPSA shooters had a chance to practice with the star, so when we see them at the Level 2, 3 and 4 matches, we will have some trigger time behind them

We have one we shoot at Rowan from time to time. Come join us in the western part of the state every once in a while.

We have one we shoot at Rowan from time to time. Come join us in the western part of the state every once in a while.

Would love to, looks like Jr and I have some work coming up soon, so we may have the extra gas $

Dean,

Last weekend Pitt County Wildlife Club hosted a Level 1 RO class, and we now have many new RO's in the area that I'm sure would be glad to help. The match date may conflict with other matches in the State, but my guess would be you should get a great draw from the western part of the State as well as lower Virginia. All the displaced ICORE folks now have another way to burn it down 6 at a time. Would be great if some of the local IDPA crowd joined in to enjoy a slightly different aspect of our sport, SHOOTING !!!! Count me in for any help

And me too! Gotta put that RO training to good use, right? biggrin.gif We'll do what we can to pitch in...

Anyone else interested in some more USPSA fun?

So does this mean I don't have to stay revolver neutral with my stages this weekend? :devil:

Ebg3, I sure do miss driving through Conita on the way to OBX since Basnight got that super highway funded.

Anyone else interested in some more USPSA fun?

So does this mean I don't have to stay revolver neutral with my stages this weekend? :devil:

Ebg3, I sure do miss driving through Conita on the way to OBX since Basnight got that super highway funded.

:D It's still here...take a detour next time you come through, you'll love it.

Talked to Dean today about USPSA at his range (Caswell Ranch). He is looking at 3rd Sunday now, which does not conflict with Sir Walter or Pitt County. We need feedback from the USPSA NC/VA shooting community as to who would shoot and if this is a good date. Dean will hold a match for us, but it must be profitable for him as a business decision to make it work. Feedback is greatly needed. The plan for now would be to hold a few matches, and if all works out, we will go ahead and get the affiliation and have classifiers sent in. PLEASE let us know if you have any interest in shooting, RO'ing, helping in any way, thanks

The third Sunday is going to put you in conflict with the club in Statesville, NC. Due to the proximity between Statesville and Caswell, that is probably a bad date. The 3rd Saturday on the other hand would only put you in conflict with Asheville, which would mean the central Carolina shooters would still give Caswell serious consideration. I also think the 2nd Sunday might be a fairly open date. The 4th Saturday puts you in conflict with Spartanbutg and the new shoot in Rock Hill.

While it might be a PITA for match directors trying to find dates for shoots, the number of clubs in NC is a great thing for shooters!

The third Sunday is going to put you in conflict with the club in Statesville, NC. Due to the proximity between Statesville and Caswell, that is probably a bad date. The 3rd Saturday on the other hand would only put you in conflict with Asheville, which would mean the central Carolina shooters would still give Caswell serious consideration. I also think the 2nd Sunday might be a fairly open date. The 4th Saturday puts you in conflict with Spartanbutg and the new shoot in Rock Hill.

While it might be a PITA for match directors trying to find dates for shoots, the number of clubs in NC is a great thing for shooters!

Thank you, this is the feedback we need

Is there a NC Section? Are you joining the Section? Do you need Section approval for your match date? The last is usually a semi-formality as the real intent is to not have two matches in near proximity competing with each other for shooters....

Hi All,

Thanks for the input, my other monthly matches have just been set and listed with IDPA, mailings etc it would not be a good idea to change them now. As this is USPSA, setting a monthly match that is is conflict with an IDPA match day (another club) may be the only answer, so what about the second Sunday or even the first Sunday.

2nd Sunday looks good from where I sit, still get to shoot Frank's IDPA on 1st Sunday and the fun match on 3rd Sunday, this is a great situation we have here in the Great State of NC, how to support all the great matches in the area and be able to shoot them all, now if only my Federal Outdoor Activity Fuel Subsidy Transportation Assistance And Keep It Green By Recycling Brass and Lead Refund Checks would ever get here, I could afford the gas to get to all the matches.

I'm IN !!!! Count on me for set up help and RO, a short brief prior to the match for the hopefully LARGE CROWD of IDPA shooters on the basic differences of the scoring and rules should help. I will pass the word and lets make this a great turnout.