Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Larger Vibratory Machine

TreblePlink

I'm looking for a slightly larger vibratory "tumbler" than the big Dillon or similar - there are many that are used commercially - they look the same but are heavy duty with the size scaled up - and cost $1-4K - a bit pricey.

Here is one that is sort of an intermediate size - 18 inches tall - for about $200 - anybody used one?

http://cgi.ebay.com/HD-VIBRATORY-FINISHER-TUMBLER-WET-DRY-18-LB-CAPACITY-/390204781592?cmd=ViewItem&pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item5ada047418

• 4 weeks later...

I had a Lyman 1200 than ran for years. And about 4 -5 years ago it bit the dust.

Got a used 500 Dillion and a used Dillion 1200 :the Big One the big one is great hard to beat , you will want a good way to seperate the media from the brass

Dillions tub and cage set is good too.

Go with Blue and buy it from Brian Enos , or we will find you and give you an Atomic Weggy

How BIG is BIG?? Me thinks I need one of those little cement mixers so's I can clean 100 pounds of brass at a time!

I also use the BIG Dillon vibatory cleaner got it used for a song best money i ever spent

Edited by jester116th

How BIG is BIG?? Me thinks I need one of those little cement mixers so's I can clean 100 pounds of brass at a time!

I also use the BIG Dillon vibatory cleaner got it used for a song best money i ever spent

Yes, I agree the FL2000 is probably the best one out there for capacity. If you need clean more brass, get another one. There are some shooters that use that cheap a## cement mixer from Harbor freight, but it's slower than using the vibratory cleaners. If you don't put some type of guard around those mixing paddle edges, they will tend to ding up the brass.

Following up on my original post - the unit appears to be the same as the "Chicago Electric' from Harbor Freight - made in China. That said, it works well, and is triple the size of the largest units marketed to reloaders. The vibration is extra vigorous with 500-1000 .45 brass in it, and will hold up to 18 pounds of brass/media. For anyone that does medium to large batches at a time, so far, I recommend it.