Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Winter Holiday !

Garfield

So this is it. Just two more nights and I will be on my way to Austria. Back to the little village of 400 people where I have spent most Christmasses and other winter holidays since I was born. And of course you can ski over there. Two weeks of catching up with old friends, relaxing, walking and eating&drinking.

Three years ago I suffered a major back injury (is "hernia" an english word ?) and have not been able to go since then. Now I have finally recovered enough so that I can go again. My eldest son (almost 4) has gotten some skis from Santa and he can't wait to try them ! We'll see how he likes that.

I can't wait !

Also new this year is that for the first time we are going to do the trip in two days - 750 km on the first day and another 350 on the second day. We used to do it in one day but now with the kids and all we decided to stop and take a nice little hotel after the first day. To me this idea alone is already very relaxing. For my work I am driving a lot (well, driving, slowly moving in traffic jams is a better description :( ) so the idea of not having to drive the whole distance in one day is very relaxing.

I can't wait !

At thursday 19:00 GMT+1 I will be online here for the last time before my vacation. I will NOT take my laptop with me, not even my Glock (back to Glock Country :) ) even though there is a match nearby during my holiday. Just two weeks completely out of everything else I normally do.

I can't wait !

Garfield,

I was in Innsbruck last fall. It is a beautiful city. Toured St. James' Cathedral, the Grassmayer Bell Factory, shopped, ate and drank. Went up into the mountains outside of town for 4 days. I understand that walking up the mountain is a popular thing to do and seen many people out doing it. Have a great time! :)

Sky : :D

Well, this morning I had an appointment at the garage to have new tires mounted on my leased company-car. After dismounting the wheels they hurried to me: I needed 4 new brake discs ! Am I glad I went to the garage !

Well, most things are in suitcases & bags now, going to stuff them in the car in a few moments and then tomorrow morning were off !

There's lot's of snow, so that is a good start.

Well, I'm siging off now ... "see" you all in a couple of weeks !