Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Parade members Ran over by a Car

Sarge

I don't know many details as of yet. I am going to see if it makes the local news here in a few minutes.

I was getting lined up to march in the local Memeorial Day Parade when a WWII veteran, for some unknown reason, drove his car into the group standing right in front of me. He hit the local PD color guard injuring at least two of them pretty seriously. He also hit another elderly VFW member which sent him flying into the air and coming down on the other side of the street severely injured. The driver then continued across the street and rolled the car in a patch of woods.

What I do know is that at the beginning of the incident a police officer had his gun drawn as the car sped away from him. When the car passed within 15 feet of me before hitting the others I saw that the driver looked angry and he was deliberately steering the car as he drove.

Don't know if he just got totally confused, scared, mad or what. I hope to learn more in the coming days.

My prayers go out to all involved.

Was it this one ?

PIC_0364_20100531102055_320_240.JPG

WEST CHESTER, Ohio - Five people are injured after a car struck pedestrians at the West Chester Memorial Day parade Monday.

The accident happened around 10 a.m. in the 8700 block of Cincinnati-Dayton Road.

Witnesses say the driver of the car had a medical issue and started to lose control on Crest Haven Road.

Police say the car then traveled onto Cincinnati-Dayton Road and hit four pedestrians on the side of the road. Three of the victims were getting ready to watch the parade and the fourth was in the Honor Guard getting ready to march in the parade. An 80-year-old couple was among the victims. The driver is also injured.

The car came to a stop after rolling on to its side and into a tree.

Three of the victims were taken to area hospitals. The names and conditions of the victims and driver have not been released.

The cause of the accident is still under investigation.

Stay with 9 News and WCPO.com for the latest updates on this accident.

Source

Was it this one ?

PIC_0364_20100531102055_320_240.JPG

WEST CHESTER, Ohio - Five people are injured after a car struck pedestrians at the West Chester Memorial Day parade Monday.

The accident happened around 10 a.m. in the 8700 block of Cincinnati-Dayton Road.

Witnesses say the driver of the car had a medical issue and started to lose control on Crest Haven Road.

Police say the car then traveled onto Cincinnati-Dayton Road and hit four pedestrians on the side of the road. Three of the victims were getting ready to watch the parade and the fourth was in the Honor Guard getting ready to march in the parade. An 80-year-old couple was among the victims. The driver is also injured.

The car came to a stop after rolling on to its side and into a tree.

Three of the victims were taken to area hospitals. The names and conditions of the victims and driver have not been released.

The cause of the accident is still under investigation.

Stay with 9 News and WCPO.com for the latest updates on this accident.

Source

I was standing right behind the guy who took this picture. I remember because the cops and him were arguing about him being too close.