Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Gans Guns accuracy?

mpolans

After doing a search, it looks like lots of folks are happy with guns built by Gary Natale at Gans Guns. However, I haven't read any specifics on accuracy. How do his guns (especially open guns) group at 50 yards?

I hate to throw a wrench in your theory, his guns are Custom built, the ultimate decisions are made by the customer, so if you chose to make a gun with the wrong parts you get what you get. I would suggest that you discuss your expectations with Gary and then let him tell you what he needs the gun to be to meet your expectation. A USPSA open gun isn't a Biancia Cup machine.

Little decisions like bull versus standard with cone comp affect the long term accuracy of the gun but then the weight difference etc will also be a factor.

I wouldn't hesitate to buy either a used Gans gun or have him build one, eveyone I know that has one loves it and they are hitting A's.

+1 to Ron - and I've heard great reviews of Gans Guns as well.

Speaking of accuracy, I couldn't be happier with my 9 major gun from Matt Cheely. I'm no bullseye shooter, but I was able to group one ragged hole at 25 yards, and about 1.25" at 50 yards! (Matt builds 'em nice and tight ; )

My open 9mm Gan's gun is more accurate than I am. While I admit to never benching the gun at 50 yards and really seeing what it can do, I do have a permanent 12" plate at 50 yards that I ding regularly. At my sight in distance of 17 yards the gun can hit pasters if I do my part. Call Gary, you will not be dissappointed.

Edited by fourtrax

Gary built both my Open and Limited guns and I'm really happy with them (and I'm an old bullseye shooter ;) ). Like others have said, the guns are tight and run great.

Best bet is to talk to Gary about your expectations. I'm sure he can build you something you will really like.