Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Getting sick before a match

jasmap

I am supposed to leave today for Prescott for the Northern AZ Classic. My wife and son have been sick recently and I thought it missed me..................until I woke up this morning. I won't go in to details but it wasn't fun. Now I gotta try to get better today so I can go.

And nope, I won't be using this as an excuse for performance.

Jason, Hope you feel better and can make the match.

Two years ago I got sick just before the WSSSC and was too sick to drive up to Phoenix so I stayed in bed sick all weekend and pissed off.

Neal in AZ

I am supposed to leave today for Prescott for the Northern AZ Classic. My wife and son have been sick recently and I thought it missed me..................until I woke up this morning. I won't go in to details but it wasn't fun. Now I gotta try to get better today so I can go.

And nope, I won't be using this as an excuse for performance.

My experience wasn't quite sick but I had just got new contacts. I had wore them for a couple weeks then a day before a major and my eye ended up being scratched from the new contacts. It was red, hurting and I couldn't put any contacts in. This happened to me twice, both times right before major matches. The first time I just thought it was something that got in my eye and scratched it but the second time I figured out it was my contacts.

I ended up shooting the match with no contacts, just glad my vision isn't that bad.

Flyin

Edited by Flyin40

I feel your pain. I took my wife and daughter to Disney before the Florida Open. My daughter got a bug Wednesday night and my wife and I got it Thursday. I shot friday green as an Ogre! It sucks.

I don't know which is worst getting sick before or getting sick during a match!

3 YEARS AGO at the Area 6 Match, I was shooting my dream match. I was squaded with a shooter that was nearest to my scores & I was several points ahead of him until my kidneys shut down. I ended zeroing 3 stages & only got beaten by 4% points. The sad thing about it is that I lost the match but still got bumped up :angry:

Edited by TruStreet