Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Stats Officers That Slack Off

Jake Di Vita

I HATE it when ridiculous stats officers take 2 freaking weeks to get the results out for a club match and thus don't send the results into USPSA on time. My goal was to hit M on the January update, and because of this freaking moron I missed it.

IF YOU CAN'T HANDLE THE FREAKING JOB AND GET THINGS DONE ON TIME....DON'T TAKE IT.

Storm....If it isn't a job...what exactly would you call it? I once told my mother she didn't have a job even though she stays home all day and cleans, cooks, and takes care of my father and I...that was a BIG mistake.

As I said before, I have offered to do it...but was told no.

My opinion is it should be done in a timely fashion...That is never going to change.

What ever happened to the "if your going to do something, do it right" mentality?

I don't expect most of you to understand...which is why this was placed in the hate forum as a rant...as such I have no desire to discuss my reasoning anymore...

What's considered a reasonable time?

I'm a pretty new shooter, after the macth, how long until they send to USPSA, and finally, when USPSA posts them?

Just today, the USPSA website posted my 12/7 score, that they entered 1/8.. good news it was 54.8%, but why so long?

My 11/16 score hasn't come up yet..

[added]

Well for the 11/16 score, I'll STFU... I looked back at the score, I zeroed it - I can't believe they didn't post it...

Edited by BerKim

BerKim,

USPSA enters classifiers and updates your stats on the website once per month (usually around the 17th). Clubs shooting in the latter half of the month have plenty of time to get their results to USPSA for posting the next month. If you shoot in the beginning of the month, those scores need to go pronto in order to get posted on the web that month.

DD

I do the scores for two clubs in East Texas and with the on-line posting available on the USPSA web-site there is no reason why both the full match results and the Classifier scores cannot be loaded by the evening of the match. Activity fees can be paid with a credit card and provided the results are loaded by the 10th of the month USPSA HQ will include them in the monthly update.

It's our club's policy to have the results available within an hour after the last score card is turned in. We are usually finished scoring in half that. If you stick around after the match, the results are printed and posted at the range. Then, within about a day the scores are posted on the club website.

It doesn't always happen in these time frames, but I'd say better than 75% of the time it does.

It does require that the stats people shoot through the match so that they can be entering scores as the match is being shot. It also requires that we have a computer, power and (this is Texas) a building with air conditioning.

-Chet