Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2010 Mississippi 3-gun challenge

• Replies 248
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I've been at the range getting it ready for you fine people to make noise at. ;)

A question was asked about using higher capacity magazines and downloading them in HM. At the 2008 match I did just that with the .45 sstk I shot so the answer is yes (for Pistol)(and the rules state" no magzine over 20 rounds for rifle), but don't get caught with over the limit you'll go to tac irons. :devil:

We're looking good, got kinda hot this afternoon in the sun, might have to put out some tents and stuff. All stages but 1 and 2 are buttoned up. I expect to get them tomorrow (and maybe even a little trigger time too) :sight:

See all you on Friday, Saturday AM.

Hop

Edited by hopalong

Can't wait til Sat 1st optics match, great weather,Lenard's cooking, and seeing friends. Are we there yet?

Ooo Polish plates again.

Polish plate rack, AND a "secret stage", I guess it really is a FTB3G warm up. It'll probably be the PP rack at 100 yards with slugs from the support side through a barrel with a diagonal port in it.

Can't wait til Sat 1st optics match, great weather,Lenard's cooking, and seeing friends. Are we there yet?

Ooo Polish plates again.

Polish plate rack, AND a "secret stage", I guess it really is a FTB3G warm up. It'll probably be the PP rack at 100 yards with slugs from the support side through a barrel with a diagonal port in it.

On a spring board, don't forget the spring board :roflol:

Got all my .308 loaded up last night (for 2 people) and going to do the .45 tonight. Smooth sailing from there. Looking forward to the match, it should be a good one. For those of you that shot it last year, approximately what time does everything end on Sunday? I need to give the wife a ballpark estimate on when Ill get home.

Hopalong & ak47traxx, can you specify that shotgun ammo is/is not to be held in hands at start signal?

I read that since it isn't a rule in the Benning rule set yet, there was some confusion recently at the Ozark match about whether competitors can have ammo or not in their hands at the start signal.

I see that being a possible point of friction between different squads and RO's if not clarified.

Thanks!

Edited by DyNo!

Do not fret DYNO, Mr. Weakhand is the R.M. and it WILL NOT BE ALLOWED, I just haven't thought about whether it is an invitation to open (more rounds than the division) or a quick Unsportsman like call, but NO it isn't allowed and believe me when I say our R.O.s are all very seasoned and know that that is a no-no. KurtM

Seasoned on one side and seared on the other :D

If i remember correctly.....we had a shotgun stage last year at this match that started on a table with empty chamber. Stage brief was clear no ammo in hands. Its all good.

Confirm zero today....load truck tonight.....cast off in AM. Im already having fun.

Alan

So what is the count and amount for HM? Does the M1 on stage 8 count as a percentage of HM for the match purpose? I mean figure 75 shooters divided by three twice should give you at least 8.3ish competitors in a three gun sort of way. Kinda. Right??

At least thats the way Sailor Jerry figured it.

Edited by Mike P

Weekend Shooters who arrive early can register in stats between noon & 5 pm Friday. Otherwise, registration will be 30 minutes before you start to shoot.

Linda Chico (L-2035)

2010 MS 3 Gun Statistician

Is a gun cart or something similar necessary or can you use your car for stage to stage equipment hauling?

You won't be able to use your car for stage to stage. We used a gun cart last year and it worked great. The parking lot is not very far from the shooting bays, but some of the bays are spread out a good distance from each other.

Hilly terrain, easy walking except down to the lake on stage 8. (I recomend just taking your rifle and loaded mags to that stage)

Sight in range 50 meters. If you want to do closer we have a 35 yd pistol practice bay to set up in.

HOP

Looking good, lots of little things to cover.