Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2010 Mississippi 3-gun challenge

OK folks,

I moved the match a week back to get away from a schedule conflict with Adams Arms match. If you intend to come shoot the MS 3-gun challenge I suggest you get your entries in pretty quick. We will be deciding on how much to spend on the prize table very soon and IF you want some pretty nice goodies you need to get in on the list.

Range officers (YOU KNOW WHO YOU ARE), please e-mail Linda with your information. YOu don't have to fill out any entry forms or anything.

Doing some clear cutting this next weekend getting you some long targets to shoot with your slugs and rifles. :devil:

HOP

If you need a template for the barricade, you are welcome to use mine. It is pretty close to spec. You are on your own though as far as getting the springs and wheels mounted.

By the way, may I suggest that the supports ARE fault lines. I mean there is no point in making it easy since you decided against rain this year.

This ought to be a blast what with all the HM action.

• Replies 248
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Johnny,

You'd better be there !!!!

Every one else, we still have a little room. IF you want to get in on the PREMIER preview of the FT. Benning 3-gun Challenge you'd better send in your apps.

Oh, by the way. We'll be giving the M1a to HeavyMetal division IF they get 20 shooters. IF they don't it'll go RANDOMLY to someone in the match all divisions combined. :cheers: (We're getting close to 20 though)

No need in practicing real long shots, but try some odd positions if I were you. :devil:

HOP

Was going to run the mouse gun. However, if they let nonmaged optics in irons I dont know. You bring good whiskey for the Friday and Saturday evening air gunning/I screwed this up badly talk and I'll let you decide for me :goof: . Mike, the M1A and the pump gun have seen no love in a long time, but I could still be game.

Sono, NO we're not allowing unmagnafied red dots in Iron sight divisions this year so break out the 308

And just to let everyone in on the guidelines.

THis is the link to the rules we are using. I understand that there may be a rewrite of the Ft. Benning rules for this year. I DON'T have them and if I did it is too late to be changing for this year.

go to: http://lchico.5u.com/AMU/3GRules.pdf

Those are the rules we will be using NO MATTER WHAT for this year.

The date of the match has not changed. It is STILL October 9,10, 2010 and We're very close to the 20 heavy metal shooters IF they all send in thier entries (Those who said they were coming) ;)

Linda and several others of you are in Nevada shooting the USPSA 3-gun Nationals so confermations will be coming soon to those of you who have sent your entries and haven't been contacted.

We have some good stages in line for you and Chad is doing a good job with the prize table in a year where things are tough for everyone so please support those who support the sport.

See you guys in a few weeks.

Hopalong

Was going to run the mouse gun. However, if they let nonmaged optics in irons I dont know. You bring good whiskey for the Friday and Saturday evening air gunning/I screwed this up badly talk and I'll let you decide for me :goof: . Mike, the M1A and the pump gun have seen no love in a long time, but I could still be game.

I hear you. Running the pump is just wrong. I'm really getting a kick out of shooting the 1911 again though and the 16" FAL with a brake will rival the noise of Sam's short M1A with the Rolling Thunder.

I'll be running irons/no optic at David's match.

Unless Sam modifys the rules, optics won't be legal in limited. They were not legal at the 2008 Ft Benning match, and that is the ruleset being used.

MC,

Working on that, but IF we don't get them up. Practice your fundementals, and make sure your rifle, pistol, and shotgun are sighted in! ;)

Texbran,

Yes, it is the same range the MS IDPA match was shot on up until the last 2or3 that are now in Saltillo MS.

Got some good work done on the range this weekend. Looking good.

Sam

Two weeks from this weekend and it is "Load & make Ready"

We're pretty much ready aside the normal "Things to do".

IF you haven't sent your entry, please do so. (The more we have, the more we can get for the prize table !!! :cheers: )

See you then.

HOP

Cool,

Looking good in the neighborhood !!!!

No, really looking good. Have 4 of the stages roughed in already, will shoot the TN state pistol match this weekend. Have next week off to build and polish the rest so we'll actually be a week ahead on the "rush".

Looking at the longest shot today. about 270 yds (just guessing).

HOP