Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Someone Said Caspian Again

joshua

I hope the pictures comes out. I finally got the time to install the C-More on my other Caspian open gun. I only had to drill and tap 4 holes since I made use of one hole per side on the existing weigand hole pattern on the frame. It worked out fine, I did get a little nervous when I thought one hole wasn't lined up. :o BUT, it did and looks like I'm headed for the range tomorrow for a sight in. Both pistols are 38 Supers but I currently have my main gun (the one with the front serrations) tuned for Supercomp. Thanks for looking. josh2.jpg

1.jpg

Julien,

Yes they are Limcats. The one on the right is the first type, they are very efficient comps back in the 175+ pf days. I'm experimenting with other powders now since my loads are at 170 pf and not as flat as they use to be.

Sig Lady, Just happened that I parked the one on the left right where it is sitting in the picture after I drill/tap - and mounted the C-More. I was lazy so I put the other Caspian right next to it then took the picture. Can you tell where in the house I do work on my guns now?

9Major-Caspian, Thanks for the kind words. josh

Dude, those are some beautiful 1st gens you have there. :o:o

But I guess you haven't heard the news, that old technology just can't compete with the 2011......

That long heavy gun is going to slow you down too. Trust me, I read that somewhere. Oh damn, they're not even 9x19....you won't be able to afford the brass :unsure::unsure: I guess we're both SOL.

I know their old :( , but they still keep me shooting. :D:o Funny that I really cut down on my shooting due to my career and family - then I get my A card. I suppose I can't be sandbagging in B class anymore. ;) I do have plans in building another race gun when funds become available, and it's not going to be a Caspian frame. josh