Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Dawson's Hammer And Sear Comp. Package

Fireant

I'm thinking about a new hammer, sear, & sear spring. Dawson has a package with the Koenig hammer, cylinder & slide sear. and some springs. Does anybody have any pros or cons about this. By the way my gun is doubling and trippling right now.

Thanks

I put this package into my STI. I did this after the hammer and sear I had in it wore out.

It dropped in and fit like a glove. I did all the standard safety checks and everything was OK. Dave will ask you what kind of gun it's for, and he will make sure it fits. The only thing I had to do was tune the sear spring. I ended up with a 2 lb. 9 oz. trigger pull.

I'd buy that kit again in a heartbeat.

Ray C.

Fireant,

I ordered it last week, when I didn't get it I called them and they said they were out of hammers and were waiting to get some in. That's the last I heard. I was wondering if you ordered it yet and if they gave you any indication of time frame.

I've been having the same problems you are having.

Fireant, One of my friends can drop an Ed Brown hammer and sear in a gun with a SV sear spring and get a 1.5 lb pull with no problem. I've seen some of Dawson's trigger work fail after about 300 rounds. If you a fairly good local smith you should be ok, its not that hard to do a trigger job.

Yeah, I ordered it on the 13th or 14th w/ overnight shipping. I called them this morning, they still don't have the hammers and don't know when they are getting them. I'm about to give up, I think I can order all the same stuff from brownells.

• 2 weeks later...