Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Look what I got!

ejevans45

There's one on gunbroker. (not my listing)

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=170177436

Why if they are so hard to get, did not no body bid on it.

No magazine articles about them yet :roflol:

I'm expecting to pay more like what I paid for my Pro 9 which was $515 to my FFL. It may be a bit more now, but hopefully not drastically more. R,

Looks great, but it would sure look a lot nicer on MY table rather than yours. Congrats!

My credit card was just charged for the one I ordered today out of PA, so I sure hope they aren't sending me fake. :)

I've spent a good portion of the day trying to find a holster--don't want one of those WSM2 style things but am looking for something a bit more traditional, more like the Comp-Tac belt slides or even a Safariland 6377 style. I may try to find a 6377 or similar for standard length Pro and just modify the semi-closed muzzle portion of the holster to accomodate.

Suggestions for functional but less-expensive holsters and mag pouches warmly welcomed.

Edited by Bongo Boy

Any holster made for the 9 Pro will work just fine.

That kind of confirmation really helps, thanks. What might be your choice in mag pouches? For me I think carrying 4 is plenty and I'd like to extend the magazines at some point so I reckon they'll be 'top heavy' when loaded. Are all .40 SW magazines pretty much the same cross section?

Only had a chance to put 2 mags through the gun today. It comes with 2 mags. I was using federal 180 grain JHP and it was very accurate. For all of you non believers that it actually exists you can let me know what kind of proof you want (I'm not sending it to anyone). I will be shooting it at the 3 gun on Sunday at NPCCC.

I will be there, hopefully I can check it out.

It is a plug where the internal safety would be.

Shot the multi-gun match with the 40 pro today and it worked flawlessly. I was very impressed with the accuracy with factory ammo. I'm very happy with it. :)

I just looked it up. I didn't realize it was a user-selectable lock out, which is good.

Although I realize it's early, I wonder what you think of the trigger and how it compares to a stock, non-Pro trigger, and if you feel an Apex sear and/or striker block setup would add significantly to shootability.

Edited by Bongo Boy

I just looked it up. I didn't realize it was a user-selectable lock out, which is good.

Although I realize it's early, I wonder what you think of the trigger and how it compares to a stock, non-Pro trigger, and if you feel an Apex sear and/or striker block setup would add significantly to shootability.

I'd be willing to bet that the .40 Pro has the same trigger mechanism as the 9 Pro does. If that hold true, there is no comparison. The Pro trigger will be quite a bit better than a non-Pro Series trigger. The Apex parts will be much better than the Pro trigger, in every way....weight, reset etc. R,

Edited by G-ManBart

Chrono'ed some factory ammo yesterday out of it, the 165 Speer Gold Dot HP was right at 1000 fps with the factory barrel and about 20 fps faster with the KKM barrel.

Only 165pf? I shot some factory Blazer in 180gr that was 1000 fps for a 180pf in my STI. I would have thought the factory stuff would have been a little faster regardless of gun.

Chrono'ed some factory ammo yesterday out of it, the 165 Speer Gold Dot HP was right at 1000 fps with the factory barrel and about 20 fps faster with the KKM barrel.

Kenny,

Did you chrono anything else? I'm curious to know the difference between a 4 1/2" vs 5".

Alfie

I'd be willing to bet that the .40 Pro has the same trigger mechanism as the 9 Pro does. If that hold true, there is no comparison. The Pro trigger will be quite a bit better than a non-Pro Series trigger. The Apex parts will be much better than the Pro trigger, in every way....weight, reset etc. R,

I would say as bad or possibly a bit worse, at least comparing my MP40 Pro with my MP45c. Naturally, I can't make a general statement about all Pros compared to all non-Pros. I would call it an awful, nasty trigger...and I'm not comparing to a $4,000 1911 because I've never handled one. The trigger weight might be comparable to a non-Pro, but every bit of 5 1/2 lbs conservatively on mine. But they really have to do something about the take-up and the feel/sound of pushing that striker block out of the way...lordie it's like trying to close the hatchback on an '82 Yugo or something.

Now I'm just having fun, but no, it was barely as good a trigger as my 45 compact. Folks such as Apex and Burwell should be in good bidnith for some time to come. :)

Edited by Bongo Boy

CR Speed belt and CR Speed Versa Pouches.

I did pick up a CR Speed Versa pouch, but had to really shim it out to get the Smith mags to fit even reasonably close:

CRSpeedAdapt.jpg

The fat shim is the STI insert that comes with the pouch. Behind it, you can just see a sheet of 0.060" kydex I added. This makes the fit almost perfect, with very little tightening of the adjust screw needed. Still, front-to-back on these pouches is a gaping chasm darn near an 1/8" wide, so you can see I added another sheet of 0.090" kydex up front, cemented in with PVC cement.

Another shot of the entire assembly. I bought the double pouch because for some odd reason I thought that was a good idea.

CRSpeedAdapt2.jpg