Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

SHOT MY FIRST GLOCK TODAY!

G34 CORDY

I noted that you said USED STI. Some guys don't buy used stuff. If you want a new tuned limited gun you are pretty close to three grand any way you slice it. I screwed up and picked up a $3100 Brazos limited blaster at area 6. It took everything I had to not put a downpayment on one.

The two platforms are SO different that there really is no comparison. I'll probably shoot a 35 next season and spend the extra money feeding it.

it a 2007 gmc sierra nice truck i might add lol

See? Now I like that truck.....And I don't even own one! :lol: I do, however have a '98 Tahoe 4x4, and a '10 Toyota Tundra 4x4....

All I'm saying, shoot everything you can get your hands on, you might like one more than the Glock...

sarge i agree with you 100% they are two different animals. i want something new that someone has not beat up on. you never know what someone else has done to it. with ammo prices rising and i cant afford to reload right now iam happy enough to just to shoot at my local matches twice a month. i just got out of the army and iam in the police academy here in san antonio so i dont have alot of money to throw around but enough to have fun with

your right i would like to shoot alot of different guns but i dont know that many people that shoot that many different types of guns. the range i rented that glock from rents alot of glocks and sigs ( i own a sig p239) i would like to shoot a m&p pro. the 1911 style guns are out of my price range right now. some day i will buy one but for now i will stick to what i can afford. the glock for me shoots well, some people dont like them and i didnt till i shot one. there not perfect and there is nicer out there but the hunt for the perfect gun will never be found. its never ending. so i will buy something shoot the hell out of it and have fun with it. its like that old red rider bee bee gun, once you figured out how it shot the local birds didnt stand a chance lol

see? i do like open guns but cant afford them neither can alot of people. i would rather have new furniture for the house. iam no max michael so a gun of that caliber would do me no good. half the people that own open guns or LIMITED STI'S cant shoot them to there potential or they just want to show off the mortgage loan on there hip hahaha

Edited by XDM-9 CORDY

see you started out somewhere, iam just starting out and its not about the equipment its the shooter.dave sevigny shoots a glock 34 in production division that is basically stock and could beat alot of open shooters at my local club. its not the arrow its the indian!!!!

see? i do like open guns but cant afford them neither can alot of people. i would rather have new furniture for the house. iam no max michael so a gun of that caliber would do me no good. half the people that own open guns or LIMITED STI'S cant shoot them to there potential or they just want to show off the mortgage load on there hip hahaha

I know, I have a couple, but I'm not wealthy either. I scrimp and save, count pennies, look for deals, etc. It took me over a year to find my STI at the price I was willing to pay. But then again, I'm not an impulse buyer. I will wait until I have enough money, am totally sure of what I want, and then double check myself by going back and do the research and holding/firing everything I can. While my STI is by no means a top of the line open gun, it won't be my last either.

As a matter of fact, no one is Max Michael except Max Michael, the same for TGO, Koenig, Sevigny, Miculek, Racazza, and our best friend, Mr. Brian Enos, who without him this discussion wouldn't be taking place, and (I apologize if I have left anyone out!), but how do you think they got there?

Besides, how do you know it would do you no good?

see you started out somewhere, iam just starting out and its not about the equipment its the shooter.dave sevigny shoots a glock 34 in production division that is basically stock and could beat alot of open shooters at my local club. its not the arrow its the indian!!!!

While Dave is extremely talented, and he very well could outshoot most if not all of the open shooters at your club while he shot production, could he outshoot most of the open shooter at the nationals shooting production? At that point, it does become the arrow, and not the Indian.

Besides, saying "It's not the arrow, it's the Indian" is like playing pool with a warped and twisted cue, and blaming yourself when the ball doesn't go in the pocket. A craftsman will use the best tools to do the finest quality work. Give a craftsman crappy tools, and I don't care how talented he is, he won't be able to match another craftsman with good tools.

Edited by GrumpyOne

your in this for a different reason than me. i dont care about the top of the line stuff or even my score. if i shot and didnt get a score i wouldnt care i just shot for fun and it better than standing at the range shooting at a paper target. nothing more nothing less. you do things because you like to do them or you think it is right. iam doing what i want to do and thats shooting for fun and not for the competition portion. i just like to get out of the house twice a month with my wife and go to the matches hang out with people laugh and shoot. your in it for the equipment and iam not point blank. if i only had money for a bee bee gun and they would let me shoot it i would use that, thats how much i care about every tenth of a second and every point.

you are just like the rest of the open or limited shooters i meet, your always right never wrong and your gear is that much greater and you look down on people that shoot glocks, xd's ect. you should have a better attitude about shooting i guess thats where you get your name on here. you should be helping the shooting community not arguing with them over what they shoot

your in this for a different reason than me. i dont care about the top of the line stuff or even my score. if i shot and didnt get a score i wouldnt care i just shot for fun and it better than standing at the range shooting at a paper target. nothing more nothing less. you do things because you like to do them or you think it is right. iam doing what i want to do and thats shooting for fun and not for the competition portion. i just like to get out of the house twice a month with my wife and go to the matches hang out with people laugh and shoot. your in it for the equipment and iam not point blank. if i only had money for a bee bee gun and they would let me shoot it i would use that, thats how much i care about every tenth of a second and every point.

See, that's where you are wrong. I am not a member of USPSA, IDPA, IPSC or ICORE, nor have I ever shot a sanctioned match. I have no idea what my classification would be. I shoot a weekly steel match, at a local range, with friends. There are no trophies, no plaques, no awards. I shoot because it is fun. I shoot because I like to shoot. I shoot because it gets me out of the house. I shoot because I enjoy it. I shoot because I want to get better. I shoot to out shoot myself, to perform better than I think I can.

PS. I own a Springfield XDM in 40, which I shoot against the open guys, at the local match. I also shoot revolver against the open guys, I will also shoot WHO against the open guys, just to get better. I don't care if I win, there is nothing in it, except bragging rights, which last exactly 1 week, and during that time, I see none of the guys and girls I shoot with.

Edited by GrumpyOne

anyway why are you on here talking to me when all i said was i liked shooting the glock and that i will be buying one. i would not be on your thread saying you should do this you should do that? i would say nice gun or good shooting. but iam not grumpy iam a positive person and put people up not down because of what they like. like i said what THEY like period

look this is going no where you think iam wrong for some reason cause i want a glock so i have better things to do than argue with you about what I like and what I like to shoot have a good day, and i hope your not giving anyone else a hard time because there not doing what you do.

i shoot for the same reasons so why are you on hear giving me a hard time???????????

Time out. I'm not trying to give you a hard time. Look back in the post, I said shoot what is comfortable and what you like. I'm just pointing out options.

you are just like the rest of the open or limited shooters i meet, your always right never wrong and your gear is that much greater and you look down on people that shoot glocks, xd's ect. you should have a better attitude about shooting i guess thats where you get your name on here. you should be helping the shooting community not arguing with them over what they shoot

iam not shooting uspsa for every tenth of a second i do it for fun and when i can afford to do it then it is fun for me. most of the guys at my club with the open guns are in it for a big wiener contest. i just go and shoot have fun and spend my money else where.

if i could afford a $3000 dollar STI i still would not have one my plastic guns fire and go bang and i have fun thats all that matters. unless those guns wins me big money but they never do. just my 2 cents

Seems to me that you are one slamming open shooters...

look this is going no where you think iam wrong for some reason cause i want a glock so i have better things to do than argue with you about what I like and what I like to shoot have a good day, and i hope your not giving anyone else a hard time because there not doing what you do.

Good grief! Never said you were wrong! Buy a brace of Glocks, I don't care. Shoot what you like to shoot. But keep your options open...have you shot every make, model, design of pistol out there? I haven't....

cause open shooters are the ones that give me hard times. a couple a open shooters at my club look down on the production guys saying why do you have this and why do you have that. open guys are just cocky period

Edited by GrumpyOne

no i havnt shot all the makes and models, i dont have access to that many guns or i would. i have shot alot of gun besides race guns and i happen to like how i shoot the glock 34-35 guns. i shoot them better than my xdm. i just going to buy what i think i like right now and shoot it and shoot it until i dont like it anymore and sell it or just be good with it. i have a sig p239 great gun but i dont like to shoot it so it might fund my glock purchase. for the lower priced guns i like the glock after today. i want to shoot a m&p but dont know anyone that has one

Like I said, I shoot open, stock, revo, hell, I have shot a damn 32 derringer in a match before. See, where I shoot, no one looks down on anyone else for what they are shooting. Just shoot. Run what you brung. Please, no more assumptions.

no i havnt shot all the makes and models, i dont have access to that many guns or i would. i have shot alot of gun besides race guns and i happen to like how i shoot the glock 34-35 guns. i shoot them better than my xdm. i just going to buy what i think i like right now and shoot it and shoot it until i dont like it anymore and sell it or just be good with it. i have a sig p239 great gun but i dont like to shoot it so it might fund my glock purchase. for the lower priced guns i like the glock after today. i want to shoot a m&p but dont know anyone that has one

I didn't get the M&P.. Kinda seemed over built, almost like too many gadgets for a production gun. The Sig is a good one. How do you like it?

my sig is great never had a problem with it and it shoots great. its just to small for my hands its a compact gun. so i bought the xdm for production but after shooting the glock 35 i shot alot better and more comfortable. i just started shooting uspsa and steel a few months ago. i just got out of the army in oct of last year and been over seas iraq twice and korea once in the five years i served. so now i can start to have fun and found uspsa shooting great and iam hooked