Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

need a gun

Have nothing right now to shoot. Looking for production class to start out on. I had a XD 357 and loved it but I here GLocks are better for this sport. Any help? I will probably get a 9mm for the cost of ammo. Maybe a 40. The 357 is just to high to shoot as much as I need to to get good at this.

Plenty of XD's out there in USPSA Production and IDPA Stock Service. Unless you reload, shooting .357 Sig can be a bear cost wise. Find a range where you can rent different models to try. Check out the S&W MP which seems to be getting a bigger following. CZ are gaining too. Some swear by Glocks and some swear at them. Whatever works for you.

FWIW

Richard

Will,

I have a G17 you are welcome to try. If you like it, you'll probably like the G34 even better. I dont' have much scheduled today, so if you think you can make it to the Winchester gallery, I take the Glock to work with me.

Let me know.

T

If you're going to shoot Production Division and not reload, 9mm is definitely the way to go. There's nothing wrong with an XD...plenty of them are being used in competition. Glock is the most popular and the M&Ps seem to be second in popularity right now. There are also CZ-75s/SP-01s and a few Sigs, Berettas, etc out there. Whatever feels good in your hand, so long as it's dead reliable and reasonably accurately, is the way to go. R,

Any of the 4 choices mentioned would be good. Glock, EX, M&P, CZ. the XD is not allowed in SSP for IDPA because its considered Single action. Dont quite remember the who's, whats and whys, but its an ESP gun.

out here on the west/err left coast the Glock rules the roost with a smattering of XD's and smith an wesson's following behind, for no mess or fuss, the 9mm would be a lot easier on you than your .357 sig rounds you shot before, and wont be as painfull in the wallet either...