Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

I have this timer

WDB

I would have put this in the hate forum cause it screws with my practice but with no replies or discussion it would have been shut down. Here's the deal, when I practice I typically set my timer on a table or barrel, whatever is handy and got about my business. I don't like to put it on my belt cause all the bumps from running around give inaccurate times. Last three times out I hit the button and wait, and wait, and wait, damn thing won't go off. I pick it up and it goes off everytime. To see it while it is happening is amusing, although frustrating. Pick it up,beep, beep, beep set it down and hit it, and dead silence. It's almost like it's pissed off at me and won't let me play unless it can come along for the ride through the course. Reminds me of an old t.v. my Mom had, every couple months they would throw it it the car ride around town and it would be fine,,,,,,, for a couple more months till it needed it's ride again. LOL Oh well I guess I have to go out and buy a new timer.

Did you try a new battery?

And where were you taking the TV when you took it for a ride? To the TV repair store? To the Salvation Army? :) Sounds like a dog that loves to go for a ride 8 days a week, but somehow can tell when you are headed to the vet! :rolleyes:

Patience Grasshopper. Wait for the beep!

I would still be out there waiting for the beep. It won't work unless I hold it in my hand. When I set it down it works maybe one out of every 5 presses of the start button.

It won't work unless I hold it in my hand. When I set it down it works maybe one out of every 5 presses of the start button.

Oh wow! I didn't look at the thread title and when I read this response I thought it was talking about a whole other subject. :surprise::devil:

Edited by XD Niner

Patience Grasshopper. Wait for the beep!

I would still be out there waiting for the beep. It won't work unless I hold it in my hand. When I set it down it works maybe one out of every 5 presses of the start button.

Maybe, it loves you and just wants to be held. :rolleyes::roflol:

Which timer is it? I have a Club Timer and there is a pointy solder point inside that can short out on the battery causing erratic operation. I had to add a small spacer to make sure it works reliably.