Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Blazin' 1911s, He Sez...

SiG Lady

Thanks SiG Lady!!

Caspian Open Gun, 38 Supercomp, built originally by Bruce Gray about 10 years ago, or so I am told, and recently rebuilt by EGW.

EGW comp on a Nowlin barrel. 8 minute dot C-More on a Red Buff mount. Trigger is a nice 2 lbs, I tried it at 1.5 lbs but felt I didn’t have enough control. Although you can’t see it in this photo too well I filed the stock Caspian trigger down to an Enos style. The guide rod is hollow to reduce the weight. In spite of the guns heavy weight (45 oz, dubbed the boat anchor by my shooting buddy :lol: ) it balances nicely and swings like a fine shotgun.

The dot tracks nicely, and easily stays within the scope through recoil. My load is a 125 gr Zero JHP at 1360 fps. I currently use a 10 lb recoil spring, and a 17 lb mainspring; am anxious to try a 9 lb recoil spring once I get used to the gun.

Thanks for the kind words guys.

Steve,

You're running a 7 lb? <_< I'll have to give it a whirl. That grip tape came with the gun. It's old and there's not much gripping left to it. I talking with Gary @ Caspian about it yesterday, and you're right, he said he only has yellow grip tape. I'm contemplating going to grip panels to take out the flat feel and putting skateboard tape on the frontstrap and mainspring housing.

Flex,

two buffs, and they last FOREVER.

They are the blue Wilson buffs. I may try that Commonoli Canoli rod, it looks pretty cool and better than my JB weld special.

I like three even better, but I get "issues"

I went to the 8 for a while, but back to the 7 with the aftec is sweet.

We'll see what egw says about the 7 lb'er, I told them that's what I want to use.

SA

With mag catch buttons that huge, do you guys ever experience falling mags when doing pick-up starts from tables?

We'll soon find out :o

Is that a set screw in the frame just above the mag catch? looks like a pre travel adjuster.

Exactly! It's pretty nifty, especially if you're the kind of shooter who likes very little takeup in the trigger. I've played with it a bit, but I always seem to back it out in favor of some pretravel in the trigger.

love those caspians,

bill I wear med. size gloves, and the hogue grips feel real thin to me, barely better than grip tape. navridex made grips that are contured and hand filling, but good luck finding any.

rishii,

I was actually able to track Navidrex down in California and spoke with them. Apparently you need to order a bunch of grip panels (6 sets or more I think) for them to make a run for you.

Bill....dude youre gonna have to bring a LOT of ammo if I ever get to your neck of the woods. :D You have a few new guns I havent tried yet. :huh:

I have some tape that would be suitable for grip tape, but it's only 2" wide.

Home depot sells similar stuff also.

Eric