Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Remember STI Trusight?

mwx40x40

Why would you want to?

Good question. Well sometimes my mind wonders and I think about stuff like this. But, I originally got the gun for possible carry and occasional Steel Challenge. Ended up I find it a little larger than I like for concealed carry and with my aging eyes the front sight is a little close for my taste. I also have two 5" STI 40's , so I could run this rig in my existing gear/holsters,etc. And besides , it would be a little different.

Why would you want to?

Good question. Well sometimes my mind wonders and I think about stuff like this. But, I originally got the gun for possible carry and occasional Steel Challenge. Ended up I find it a little larger than I like for concealed carry and with my aging eyes the front sight is a little close for my taste. I also have two 5" STI 40's , so I could run this rig in my existing gear/holsters,etc. And besides , it would be a little different.

Those seem like good reasons to me. But, I'm a bit odd, too. :goof:

Have you tried calling STI to see if they can install a 9mm version of the barrel? That's where I'd start.

Otherwise, I think it's just a barrel weight threaded onto a threaded barrel. I'm sure any of the very competent gunsmiths on here could easily do the job.

Chris

Why would you want to?

Those seem like good reasons to me. But, I'm a bit odd, too. :goof:

Have you tried calling STI to see if they can install a 9mm version of the barrel? That's where I'd start.

Otherwise, I think it's just a barrel weight threaded onto a threaded barrel. I'm sure any of the very competent gunsmiths on here could easily do the job.

Chris

Yep, contacted STI and Dave said they did not have any of these barrels left. He recommended I try Schuemman barrels.

I saw a short slide with a longer Schuman sight tracker that Derek had done at A6 two years ago, but I like the profile of the trusight better. But, I agree. I guess any competent gunsmith that can build a comped gun could do one of these. It is basically a comp without the holes and I would want the front sight dovetailed into it. I may just sell and buy a 5" gun.