Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

NC IDPA championship match

John Z Sr

For those of you that might have missed this match, you missed a great one. The match was put on by Dean and Beverly and they did a GREAT job!!! From stage design to the food, to the great people, even hand wash stations at the port-o john areas, every detail was covered and covered well. I for one, want to thank them both, as well all those who worked stages and scores, for allowing me to be a part of a top level event

I also had a great time at this event. The stages were enjoyable and challenging, and the other shooters were great to be around.

I look forward to the US East Coast IDPA Championship at the same location this coming August.

John shot a great match – he did fail to mention that he won ESR. Could it be? John is modest?! :blush:

It was an outstanding match. We moved thorough the stages quickly due to the excellent SOs and efficient stage design. Dean really is a master at stage design; his stages are shootable for all skill levels, but with enough complexity to allow the better shooters to perform while not being so intricate that folks like me get frustrated.

Thanks to everyone who worked so hard to make it fun. I can’t wait for the East Coast match in August.

Glad to see you guys had a good time, my thanks go out to the staff and S.O.'s without them no match can happen. Hope to see you all and others at the East Coast Championship in August. Can't figure out why so many people had a problem with stage 2 :rolleyes:

Again thanks to all that came out.

Dean

Results are on the web site.

The best line I heard the whole match was when I was talking to some USPSA shooters when one of the guys said jokingly something along the lines of “ These IDPA timers don’t just go beep, they go beep, cover!, cover!, cover!”. I almost cried I was laughing so hard. :roflol: Then I shot Bad Town and I did cry. :P

If there's fun to be had, you'll find it at Dean & Bev's. They work so hard to make sure their matches are first class. I truly enjoyed shooting on Friday and working on Saturday, and hope that everyone who participated in the IDPA NC State match will also return for the IDPA East Coast match in August. There's no telling WHAT kind of stages Dean will surprise us with next! devil.gif

Stage two reminded me of why I don't shoot USPSA. I can't count that high!! :surprise:

Great match Dean. Congrats to Mr.Z and to new ESP master David Morse and all the other winners.

Joe

Edited by johes

Stage 8 WOULD have been my best stage, IF I had remembered to shoot all the targets 3 times instead of 2. I got to target five and six before I remembered. :blush:

You were in the company of others on that.

Joe,

Stage 2 was only 18rds, one shot at a time. ;) now there was 18 targets and 6 no shoots.

I know one person had 11 fails on the stage.

That's why I blew it, I only engaged 17 (skipped one). I'd love to have another chance at that one at a later match.

Joe,

Stage 2 was only 18rds, one shot at a time. ;) now there was 18 targets and 6 no shoots.

I know one person had 11 fails on the stage.

That's why I blew it, I only engaged 17 (skipped one). I'd love to have another chance at that one at a later match.

It was a great match. Well worth the 28 hours in the car to shoot it. Thanks to Dean and the SO's.

Video of the match:

See you in August.

It was a great match. Well worth the 28 hours in the car to shoot it. Thanks to Dean and the SO's.

Video of the match:

See you in August.

Thanks for posting the video, Thanks for shooting the match and I'm glad you had a good time here at Caswell Ranch.

Regards,

Dean

Remember the "tent" stage, yesterday we had a chance to shoot it again in the ICORE match, but this time it was 2 shots to each, with a few more non-threats mixed in. The times for that stage looked like total match times, thanks again Dean !!!