Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

RO hurt on detonation

coldchar

I'm trying to understand how the ejector detonates a round in a properly designed/manufactured pistol. blush.gif

Try a search. There are tons of examples discussed on this forum.

Yep. Look for one of my posts. I had it happen to me in March of last year. I had a nice little emergency room visit.

OK, help me out. I'm not a certified RO but would like to know what should have been done in the following incident. Saturday we had a revolver shooter have a squib on his sixth round. The squib was stuck in the forcing cone and not allowing the cylinder to be opened. Should the squib have been cleared at the line or the gun bagged and taken away?

BTW... just a side note that has no bearing on the above incident, it was factory ammo Winchester white box!

Edited by tohlmann

OK, help me out. I'm not a certified RO but would like to know what should have been done in the following incident. Saturday we had a revolver shooter have a squib on his sixth round. The squib was stuck in the forcing cone and not allowing the cylinder to be opened. Should the squib have been cleared at the line or the gun bagged and taken away?

BTW... just a side note that has no bearing on the above incident, it was factory ammo Winchester white box!

I don't think there are any safety issues associated with this situation. The round has been discharged , the gun is just disabled. I would just get the shooter to the safety area and borrow a rod.

I don't think there are any safety issues associated with this situation. The round has been discharged , the gun is just disabled. I would just get the shooter to the safety area and borrow a rod.

I hope that there would be prior confirmation that all rounds have indeed been discharged and that there are only six holes in that cylinder.

Even so, the safety area may not be the right place. What happens when the gun gets unjammed and the brass is now in the gun at the safety table?

:sight:

I hope that there would be prior confirmation that all rounds have indeed been discharged and that there are only six holes in that cylinder.

Even so, the safety area may not be the right place. What happens when the gun gets unjammed and the brass is now in the gun at the safety table?

:sight:

Thought of that after the fact, I was kind of hoping to edit my response before you read it. Only choice seems to bag it or clear it in the bay.

Jim

Well I guess all's well that ends well. It was the shooters last shot of the match, he bagged it and took it home but it had me wondering what was the right thing to do.

Terry