Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Shooters Helping Shooters

salilus

So this really started 3 weeks ago when one of the shooters in our club lost his father to a heart attack. The club really drew together to help him through that loss. Then, two days ago, the same shooter had his home invaded when he was in OK. with his family. They stole every gun in the house, about $6000 total. He posted a list of the items stolen on our message board for people to keep an eye out for. Shortly after that a few members start calling around to "pass the hat" to see how much we could get so he could buy another pistol to compete with. He showed up to our weekly match expecting to borrow some gear that others had offered up. When all was said and done, he had an envelope containing over $800, a bag with Comp-Tac paddle holster and mag pouches, and 1000 rounds of 9mm all given to him.

I really like seeing other shooters helping other shooters. This is the coolest game, occupied by the coolest people I know.

-Tray

My wife and I have been at this game for almost 2 years now and we constantly comment on how fortunate and blessed we are to be surrounded by such good people. Your story is sad, but also like many others I have heard in this community of shooters ready to come to the aid of others.

I have participated in many other sports and activities and I can honestly say I have never experienced this sort of brotherhood/sisterhood anywhere else.

We have had gun problems when others, complete strangers, came to our rescue with equipment, parts and even a spare pistol. We even managed to arrange for gear to be waiting for my wife so she could shoot a match when visiting Cali this past spring, allowing her to not hassle shipping ammo and flying with a gun.

Where else can you find people at the top of their sport willing to help someone achieve their level? People that review your videos (Jake Di Vita, CHA-LEE and others) and provide instruction at the drop of a hat. Or Brian Enos providing this free forum and giving advice.

It’s always nice to hear stories like yours. My wife and I now try to do the same..."pay it forward" whenever we can.

Sure makes you feel good...doesn't it? We are darn proud of our sport and it’s people.

:cheers:

At the Munich Open, one of Europes major matches a fellow shooter asked for my help.

He needed a hammer for a minor repair on his slideracker.

I had to dig it out of my rangebag but first I had to remove a box with SV gun spares from my bag.

Got my hammer back but forgot to pack my box with spares... so it was left on the Philippsburg shooting range.

Two days later, when I arrived back home, checking my stuff I missed the box.

One mail to the organizers clarified things, someone had found the box (with the expensive parts)and returned it to the match organizers.

They are going to send it to me by post within a few days.

The people in the shooting community really rock!

Edited by schmitz

So this really started 3 weeks ago when one of the shooters in our club lost his father to a heart attack. The club really drew together to help him through that loss. Then, two days ago, the same shooter had his home invaded when he was in OK. with his family. They stole every gun in the house, about $6000 total. He posted a list of the items stolen on our message board for people to keep an eye out for. Shortly after that a few members start calling around to "pass the hat" to see how much we could get so he could buy another pistol to compete with. He showed up to our weekly match expecting to borrow some gear that others had offered up. When all was said and done, he had an envelope containing over $800, a bag with Comp-Tac paddle holster and mag pouches, and 1000 rounds of 9mm all given to him.

I really like seeing other shooters helping other shooters. This is the coolest game, occupied by the coolest people I know.

-Tray

Very cool!

What sort of gun was he shooting before and what model is the holster for?

-Tray

Very cool!

What sort of gun was he shooting before and what model is the holster for?

Mostly a glock 34.

Edited by salilus