Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Weird (for me) primer strike from new G17

kcult

I shot my new Gen 4 G17 for the first time today and decided to take a look at the strike on the primer because of something I had read on here before concerning someone's gun leaving smear marks on it.

The strikes looked a little elongated at first, but by the end of the 3rd mag, the primer had a rectangle impression on it with the dimple in the center of it. It looks like the pin is striking the bejeebus out of the primer.

Is this anywhere near normal for a new gun? I haven't seen this with my older BHP or my newer SA Ultra Compact.

It sounds like you're describing a normal Glock primer mark. Long, narrow rectangle with a dimple in the middle. It's the easiest way to tell "Glocked" brass. Enjoy your new gun!

look at yourfiring pin as it sticks out of the slide when you take it apartto clean it, you will notice it isnt 'round' like a normal firing pin on say a 1911 style firearm, its square-ish and comes to a roinded point...like what was mentioned before, its easyto tell brass that has been fired out of a Glock firearm...all systems normal!!! nw go shootthe crap out of it