Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Glock mag release.....

tigerfan_9

Does anyone know of a aftermarket mag release that allows you to reverse the pad/button? Most of the aftermarkets point to the rear for a RH shooter to use with the thumb but I am a LF shooter and would like the button to point towards the front for easier use of my trigger finger.

i have already contacted JP and they said it will not work. if you reverse the pad it does not line up with the base of the release and when pressed it will hit the frame of the gun before releasing the mag.

awesome....that's what i was looking for. any experience with this one personally? is it a quality part?

Let's just say it's adequate. As far as I can say, there is little that can go wrong or break so there would not seem to be much difference between this and something costing 5 times a much.

Your mileage may vary.

• 2 weeks later...

just to clarify, it sounds like he's trying to make the mag release button point forward and not switch it to the opposite side.

tigerfan_9 (sorry dude, i know i met you a few times but i'm horrible with names), have you tried using your middle finger instead of your trigger finger?

just to clarify, it sounds like he's trying to make the mag release button point forward and not switch it to the opposite side.

tigerfan_9 (sorry dude, i know i met you a few times but i'm horrible with names), have you tried using your middle finger instead of your trigger finger?

yes, i am trying make the button point forward to make it more accessible for my index finger. i have tried my middle finger but my index seems to have more dexterity and is quicker to the release. i can function most releases fine, i am just looking to make it easier/faster for my competition rig.

we have met once or twice...you loaned me a "backwards" holster when i shot Bannon's 34 last year. name is stephen.