Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Please share your direct experience. :)

United and what was America West at O'Hare: Just like any other airport! Tell the agent you have firearms to declare, they give you the card to sign, they may or may not ask to see the gun(s). TSA folks come over and you get your bag checked, you give them the key, they lock the bag, give back the key. No big deal.

Later,

Chuck

PS: One generic tip: I used the most roached-out hard shell suitcase that I own. :sick: The last thing that it says is "steal me"

ETA: I have only transported pistols. I don't have any experience with long guns.

Edited by ChuckS

• 3 weeks later...

I pass through O`Hare at least twice a year to and from Europe and as long as I do the right things (go on red at customs and so forth). Have I had very few or no problems at all.The only problem that was of the serious kind was when a lady at the Scandinavian Airlines check in counter told me that I couldnt take my handgun with me as handguns where illegal in Sweden(really)! It took me about ten minutes to convince the lady that she was wrong and that I indeed had brought my handgun with me on a Scandinavian Airlines flight about three weeks earlier.My handgun permit and EU weapons passport and the US import permit didnt help at all. It all ended with that her supervisor told her to take a break.After that was it smooth sailing as they say. But it didnt end there though, just before landing in Stockholm when they tell you about custom procedures and luggage and...,did it end with :and those of you that travel with weapons must declare those to the Swedish customs!

I've been in and out of there with guns at least 20 times....

Be respectful, do what you are told and I have never had an issue. I wouldn't spend any extra time in Chicago or the burbs than you have too.

Best,

JT