Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Rimfire Starting Position

MarkF45

Try the Hoppner & Schuemann CW6 I think. They are fully adjustable, work like a CR. The main thing will be to turn down the dose pin to 22cal or a little less.

Try Shooters Connection I think they stock them.

I have them here but I don't get to Bianchi until the 8th of May and that would kill you.

post-789-127260828003_thumb.jpg

post-789-127260830179_thumb.jpg

Mark,

If the High Standard doesn't have an optic on it then a simple Uncle Mikes nylon holster will work. If it does have an optic then you could get creative with the same holster by cutting a slot in the holster to accomodate the scope mount.

Don't ever try to get around using the thumb safety. You may be a little slow about disengaging it at first but just work with it. We have had 2 incidents this year where the gun went off in the holster because of failure to engage the safety. They were both 22's. The thumb safety is the first thing engaged after a string of fire period, no exceptions.

Don't ever try to get around using the thumb safety. You may be a little slow about disengaging it at first but just work with it. We have had 2 incidents this year where the gun went off in the holster because of failure to engage the safety. They were both 22's. The thumb safety is the first thing engaged after a string of fire period, no exceptions.

This is exactly my point. The thumb safety on a High Standard only disconnects the trigger from the sear. It doesn't block the hammer from falling. So the gun could be in the holster, with the SAFETY ON, and still have an unintentional discharge.

Have you ever seen anyone use a HS in BC? I don't think it's safe at all to draw a condition 1 HS from a holster, even if you're right-handed. I'm thinking I need a 1911 in 22 with an ambi safety.

The only rimfire shooters at the Cup are Ladies and Juniors, and they're few and far between. That's only been in effect for a couple of years and I've never seen a HS there at all.

Alan~^~

Kimber 1911, S&W 41, S&W 2206 etc, Beretta Neos, Ruger MK1 thru 3, Browning Buckmark, just the ones I can think of.

Not having a firing block on a handgun is not neccessarily a bad thing when holstered. The 1911 S70 never had a firing pin block, until some numpty came up with it.

One member of the NZ ladies team that won the 2008 Wopwrld Shoot started out with a Buckmark with Dot and wings added, drew loaded from a Bianchi Holster I think. Karl P to confirm.

I shot the Cup for 3 years with a .22. I used a Mark III with a Bianchi holster the first year, and a Ghost holster the second two years. The first year, all I shot was the .22, and the second two, I also shot a centerfire. Last year was the first year I didn't shoot a .22. I wish I could still shoot the .22, but I can't if I want to shoot two centerfire guns, and this year, I'm only shooting an open centerfire revolver.

If you shoot a .22 at the Cup, you can't win anything. But it is a whole lot of fun, and it's how I met my honey (Toolguy, aka Warren Moore) when my comp fell off at the practice range just before I was to shoot the Barricade. He fixed it. He also later put a ring wing on it.

I wanted to continue shooting the Mark III because I wanted to encourage other people to just go out and have fun with it, but I don't want to spend another $100 to do that.

Tracy