Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

A Good Funeral

james h

My friend Peters funeral where they played him in and out to the sound of Queen and the sermon was mostly by Monty Python. a celebration of him and not a doom and gloom event.

time to start planning before the god botherers get hold of my box.

j

(please no commiserations)

The arrival was acommpanied by "Who Wants to Live Forever"

The departure - I Want to Break Free

as for the Sermon it was more of a Eulogy of which the first line was

"He's not the Messiah, He's a very naughty boy"

there then followed a humorous biography influenced by our common sense of humour-Monty Python,Reeves and Mortimer etc.

then he was planted and the bar opened.....

as for not being the Messiah he still filled the church ,which is more than happens at sunday services!

j

I've given instructions that when my time comes I want it to be done with a lot of humour. There's some good stuff from the Jungle Book which would make me laugh.

I also want to steal an idea from someone else who insisted that the hearse is driven at max speed (sod the speed limits). That seems to fit much of my life and the idea of trashing the normal slow and miserable drive to the shock of many also makes me smile.

Celebrate my life not my death.

Fortunately it's all in the hands of a good friend who should make it rock ........ but not for a long time yet I hope!

An unusual topic from James but a good one nonetheless.

The former president of the Bass River Sportsmens Club (Cape Cod, MA), Jim Lombardi, had his services at the clubhouse - attendees were asked to wear their shooting shirts rather than suits, and his wife spread the ashes on the club property privately afterwards. A temporary shortage of AR15's lead to a 3x7 rather than 7x3 salute at the opening of the next match at that club. We lost a good one.

LOL, Luca!

I helped scatter the ashes of an avid motorcyclist on Highway 1 in Marin county. (He was a big Queen fan, too.) The cremator gave the family his ahses in a plastic bag (in a cardboard box?). That wouldn't work for his girlfriend riding on the back of a bike trying to spread his ashes, so she used an empty can of "Shim In a Can" from his shop. We called it Steve In a Can.

Haven't been to a funeral or service since. Can't take it.

S-67:

Because I know where the exit is and it's all an illusion anyway... :P  Heh-heh....! :ph34r: 

I hate to admit it, but women always know a bit more than the devil himself... <_<:P:D

Erik,

great spirit: I like when friends can find something humorous that will always be the reason to remeber a passed away buddy.

On the same topic, I remeber having read an Ayoob file on a couple of policemen that had an armed confrontation with a criminal: he opened fire, they returned with their revos, and the crook was pronounced dead at the scene by 11 rounds of .38 special. After that, it was a common joke among the two officers to come up in the middle of a discussion with the sentence "by the way, you missed". When one of the two officers eventually passed away, his buddy (while the coffin was being buried) whispered to him "by the way, you missed". As SiG Lady pointed out, this is the spirit.

For my farewell (that I'm not planning to have so soon ;) ) I'd like to be carried in on the notes of "Good bye blue sky" (Pink Floyd) and carried out on the notes of "Stairway to heaven" (do I need to quote the authors? :P ).