Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Recoil Pad Drag

Singlestack

I have been looking for about a year for a way to prevent recoil pad drag. I really hate it when the recoil pad grabs my shirt. It was annoying with the stock wood stock on my 1187 and about 2 months ago I put a Choate MK5 conventional stock on it. The Choate recoil pad is huge and very sticky and I found it almost impossible to come from low ready to my shoulder without it grabbing my shirt. I tried several things to prevent it but I was unable to come up with anything that would work and be permanent and look good.

Then, last week, I found a product made by Kick Eez called Slick Eez. It is a product designed to eliminate pad drag for Kick Eez recoil pads.

It works.

I put it on the Choate pad and I can not make the pad drag any more.

Brownells carries it and I think it ROCKS!

Beats the hell out of electrical tape (I'm talking to you now Bear1142) :wacko:

SS,

If you'd stop wearing the wife beater shirts and shave some of that armpit hair, you wouldn't have any drag :lol: Glad to hear the pad works for you. I'll have to check it out. I'm not against new innovations. If it works, I'll switch and give you all the credit. See you on Sat.

Erik

OMG, Wife beater shirts?!?!?! :huh:

Don't listen to him folks, I might be from LA, but I have never worn WBS's. "tighty whitey" is bad enough, don't be encouraging flex to come up with more nicks for me.

As far as the arm pit hair, you told me you liked it after you braided it for me last month. :P

Ya heard the wheels turning, didn't ya? :)

I don't know where I would go with it...here is the mental picture that is rolling around in my head:

Some guy running around like Dale Gribble...in tighty-whites and a wife-beater-t, waving bottle of "Slick-Eez"...shouting, "grab your shotguns and lube your butts."

You guys are missing the point. Maybe I did not say what I meant. I like my LOP, the shape of the pad was not the issue either.

My point was:

Slick-Eez will adhere to a Choate recoil pad and make it very slick.

IMO, this is a good thing.

You guys are missing the point. Maybe I did not say what I meant. I like my LOP, the shape of the pad was not the issue either.

My point was:

Slick-Eez will adhere to a Choate recoil pad and make it very slick.

But does it keep the butt from hanging up on the elastic band of your underwear...?