Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

How many speedloaders needed

At a big match with the courses of fire at the IRC, how many speedloaders do you need to be able to carry to get through the highest round count stages? Retro division. I will be going for the first time, not having a bunch of experience shooting ICORE and want to make sure I'll be set up. My local IDPA club started having ICORE matches last year and those are the only ones I've shot in. thanks, Mark

MHicks, I carry 7 loaders but need only 4 for most of the longer stages. You will know more when they post the stages for the IRC. Hope you have fun. I plan to be there. CYA later rdd

I've never needed more than the 6 I carry when I shoot retro. If you have a real big stage, just load from the pocket at load and make ready and you will still have 6 reloads on the belt. We've had shooters come with not enough speedloaders, and someone always has an extra or 2 to lend out, good luck

At a big match with the courses of fire at the IRC, how many speedloaders do you need to be able to carry to get through the highest round count stages? Retro division. I will be going for the first time, not having a bunch of experience shooting ICORE and want to make sure I'll be set up. My local IDPA club started having ICORE matches last year and those are the only ones I've shot in. thanks, Mark

I'd try to have one more than I need on any given course of fire :). Check the course descriptions when they come out. At the IRC equipment gets passed around like a guy named Mary in a prison shower. Hope to see you there.

"At the IRC equipment gets passed around like a guy named Mary in a prison shower" :surprise:

......so Jon, is there a story that goes along with that analogy

......second thought, I don't want to know :sick:

There is always a story, but, for once this one doesn't involve Bubber

"At the IRC equipment gets passed around like a guy named Mary in a prison shower" :surprise:

And let me tell you, that is a good thing.. :roflol:

• 4 weeks later...

And let me tell you, that is a good thing.. :roflol:

Is there a maximum number of rounds in an ICORE stage?

There is no Maximum Rounds on any course for ICORE. You may need all you can carry on some of the long stages and especially some of the steel stages. I carry eight moons no matter what gun, be it 8 shot or six. It's always enough to LAMR as well as complete any stage. I've seen people with as many as 10 loaders. You need a bigger waiste then most to carry that many.

oldfrank, Most of the time if there are a lot of hits required stage designers will allow competitors to place ammo on props provided for extra loaders and clips. One Stage I remember was called "Rolling Thunder". Somewhere in the neighborhood of 40 hits required. But it was a lot of open NRA D-1 targets. It turned out to be a real fun stage, but your finger still got tired. :ph34r: later rdd