Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

View New Posts Lost

I don't know if it a bug or feedback but I miss the old view new posts index style listing. It was nice to be able to see just the topics that people had posted in since my last visit without having to go to each forum.

I don't know if it a bug or feedback but I miss the old view new posts index style listing. It was nice to be able to see just the topics that people had posted in since my last visit without having to go to each forum.

doesn't "View New Content" do the same thing?

• 1 month later...

I'm not sure what I did but I'm now getting 3 threads when I click on the "View New Content" button. Is there a way to use the search function to retrieve the threads that have been posted in, over the last couple days or so?

My guess is that you hit (Mark all items as read) near the upper right when Viewing New Content.

BE1.jpg

I have not found an easy way to reverse that, but you do have a couple of options:

1. The main forum page has a link near the bottom for Todays active content. It does just give you the last 24 hours, though:

BE2.jpg

2. Use Google. If you go to http://google.com and click on Advanced Search there is a link to "Dates, usage rights, numeric range, and more" near the bottom:

BE3.jpg

Enter brianenos.com in the field "Search within a site or domain" and select the "+Date, ...". Once you select that, you can then select "Past week" and hit "Advanced Search":

BE4.jpg

The default presentation will be "Sort by relevance".

BE5.jpg

If you click on "Sort by date" you will get them listed by last update time.

Google does not come scan the site very often looking for new content, so the content shown may be several hours old. That's ok, you can use the "Todays Active Content" from the BE main forum page for the last 24 hours and use google's list to look at posts more than 24 hours old.

I'm not sure what I did but I'm now getting 3 threads when I click on the "View New Content" button. Is there a way to use the search function to retrieve the threads that have been posted in, over the last couple days or so?

My cache seems to dump periodically too. Not sure if it is local or the benos site.

And for what it is worth, I never "log out".

My cache seems to dump periodically too. Not sure if it is local or the benos site.

And for what it is worth, I never "log out".

That would most likely be a browser thing / setting.

be

A quick thing to do is to log out and hit "View New Content". You will get the posts from the last 24 hours. You will need to log in if you want to reply.

Later,

Chuck