Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Winchester 9 and 40 White Box Chrono Results

earlbob

I shot some Winchester white box factory ammo over the chrono yesterday and thought some might be curious as to what it did.

The 9mm 115 Gr FMJ out of a Glock 19 with 5 shots averaged 1182 with an ES of 78 and a SD of 29. Pow'r factor would be 135.

The 40 S&W was shot out of a 5" barrel and averaged 1025 with their 180 Grain Bonded JHP. It's ES was 28 and the SD was 9. I fired 8 rounds of this brand of Winchester white box ammunition. That would be a 184 power factor.

This ain't Paul Harvey but have a good day anyways....

I'll add my $0.02 on factory loads:

Federal Hi-Shock 155gr JHP 40 S&W out of Glock 22:

10 rounds averaging 1204.3 velocity and 186.7 PF

Magtech 180gr FMJ 40 S&W out of Glock 22:

10 rounds averaging 950.92 velocity and 171.2 PF

I'd be interested to see what the results are for the standard Winchester white box 40 S&W 165 grain Trun cone.

I used some at the area 5 match a few years ago, out of a 5" STI, and it was around 171pf.

I'd be interested to see what the results are for the standard Winchester white box 40 S&W 165 grain Trun cone.

I used some at the area 5 match a few years ago, out of a 5" STI, and it was around 171pf.

I just looked them up on their website and they show a velocity of 1060 @ the muzzle with the 165. This would give them a power factor of 174.9, so, your info is pretty close. At 50ft, the velocity is 1001fps, for a PF of 165.16, soe even at exteme range for shooting the chrono, they should be good.