Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Sorta new guy from KC!

Dog Doc

I say sorta new guy because I became a member of the forum about a year ago and never posted! I bought a Dillon 550 from Brian with all the fixins and started reloading. I have to say I never had to post anything because I could search and read and get pretty much all the info I needed... What a great forum!

Well, I have only loaded for handgun up to this point, and I am now getting ready to start reloading rifle. I have a feeling this will lead to some questions, and I am looking forward to gaining more knowledge! I have to say I am a little intimidated to start, but anxious to do so!

Welcome to another KC area guy. I'm sure you will get all the help you need here and maybe more than you want. :roflol:

If you haven't shot USPSA yet we have quite a few clubs in the area. The Bullet Hole meets every Friday night, Pioneer in Raytown meets every Tuesday night, Pioneer outdoor range has a match every month other than winter, Higginsville meets every month other than winter, Millcreek meets every month all year long and Capital City in Topeka meets every month all year long. You can shoot twice a week during the week and almost every weekend during spring, summer and fall here. And, we give new shooter orientation as well as a skills clinic at the Bullet Hole one Saturday a month. We have one this morning in fact.

Chris

Hi Dog Doc!

Welcome aboard! I'm just up the road from you on 7 Hiway. Call or visit sometime if you have time. I'm usually here all day. I have a complete machine shop out back of the house where I make prototypes of new inventions. I shoot mostly S&W revolvers and build my own custom ones. Maybe I'll see you at a match sometime. If you need anything, my number is 913-422-8966. Best Regards - Warren Moore

Thanks for the welcome guys! I have to say I have never been able to get into any competetive shooting, and this is mostly due to my job... I am an ER Vet so I work exclusively on nights and weekends. Unfortunately I only get a weekend off every 4-6 weeks which makes it hard to ever even experience any matches.

Believe me, I would love to go and learn more about that aspect and it sounds like it would be alot of fun!!! So for now I have to remain a recreational shooter, when everybody else is working, during the weekdays!!

Another hello from a fellow KC'er. Lots of shooting around.

Bowling pins on tues and thurs.

IDPA on 1st and 3rd tuesdays a month in St. Joe

"No Shoot tuesdays" in kearney at the Armory every tuesday - Not an official club, but run with USPSA rules.

Nra action pistol every other Wednesday at Pioneer gun club.

And of course everything else listed above. Surely you have one of those nights off work. I sure hope so. Any questions just ask.

when everybody else is working, during the weekdays!!

Look at the bright side. You should have the range pretty much to yourself. :)

Welcome to the forums.

Sounds like plenty is going on almost every day around you. Get out there and shoot! :cheers:

That is really good to know there is that much going on!!! I didn't figure there was that much happening during the weekdays... I guess I should have looked!! I have always thought a good way to start trying a "competetive" aspect of shooting would be trying the bowling pins first!! I will have to look that up.

Thanks for all the info guys!! :cheers: