Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Grip Extension for N Frame for shooting Far and Near

briley1911

OK, after too many years to count where I've shot F&N standing at 50 yards I've decided at this years match to go prone at 50 yards. But have found i need an extension added to my Hogue Big Butt Grip to get my steadiest position on the targets. What is the best way to add an extension? or is there an after market product that does this? Would appreciate any help.

Ron J

Hogue makes a customized Big Butt like the one Tetsu Murada had on his revo that is flat and 2" down from your frame. I looked into one but the $150 was more than I can handle....besides, shooting offhand saves me time and I like the challenge of real PPC.

Bill Sahlberg

I used epoxy putty on a Hogue Rubber grip to make a big butt grip. It was butt ugly (sorry I could not help myself) but it worked great. I started by screwing a couple of wood screws into the bottom of the grip and then smooshing (that is a technical term) the epoxy putty onto the end of the rubber grip. I used a plastic tube to keep the hole for the grip screw clear. Once it set I sanded it down and sprayed it with black rubber spray from home depot. If you do this make sure to form the grip quickly because once the putty starts to setup you are done. It worked for me. YMMV.

-Larry

Ron, Don't forget about the 2X4 as the fault line should give you plenty of heighth and stability, as long as nothing touches if front of it all is fair. :ph34r: CYA DER. Later rdd

Ron, Don't forget about the 2X4 as the fault line should give you plenty of heighth and stability, as long as nothing touches if front of it all is fair. :ph34r: CYA DER. Later rdd

Bubber's wisdom trumps ugly epoxy putty any day. :)

-ld

-ld

Though visually Bubber and epoxy putty are hard to distinguish :)

-ld

Ya don't mean silly putty, do ya? :sight: later rdd

More people are starting to go prone at the 25 yard line. Is there a 2X4 fault line at the 25 as well? If I put a grip extension on, does it have to be on for the whole match? Richard

Edited by Richard Koester

More people are starting to go prone at the 25 yard line. Is there a 2X4 fault line at the 25 as well? If I put a grip extension on, does it have to be on for the whole match? Richard

Richard, I can remember them being there but at 25 yards that 2X4 does not help much as I would have to get the revo up a lot higher at 25 yards. Give it a try and you will see what I mean. I don't know for sure about the grip extension but believe if you use it it must be used for the entire match. Gene Marshall was toying with the idea of a detachable extension (Cliff not that way) but gave it up and we just used epoxy on the bottome of the revo before we knew about the Hogue Big Butt (again Cliff not that way) :devil: later rdd

Richard, I can remember them being there but at 25 yards that 2X4 does not help much as I would have to get the revo up a lot higher at 25 yards. Give it a try and you will see what I mean. I don't know for sure about the grip extension but believe if you use it it must be used for the entire match. Gene Marshall was toying with the idea of a detachable extension (Cliff not that way) but gave it up and we just used epoxy on the bottome of the revo before we knew about the Hogue Big Butt (again Cliff not that way) :devil: later rdd

Hey Bubber. Your right. That top row of targets seem a lot higher when prone at 25. I don't use the 2X4 at 50, but I might try it at the 25. Maybe I can just get my center line lower than you. Is our bet still on for this year, or are you going retro? Richard

-ld

Ya don't mean silly putty, do ya? :sight: later rdd

Exactly what I was thinking. See u at the Eyearesea

Hey Bubber. Your right. That top row of targets seem a lot higher when prone at 25. I don't use the 2X4 at 50, but I might try it at the 25. Maybe I can just get my center line lower than you. Is our bet still on for this year, or are you going retro? Richard

Richard, :sight::sight: !!!!! :D I will be shooting retro after the IRC, to get ready for the Memphis Challenge against Cliff and Blue Ridge. Adn what was our bet? I slept since then. later rdd

Richard, :sight::sight: !!!!! :D I will be shooting retro after the IRC, to get ready for the Memphis Challenge against Cliff and Blue Ridge. Adn what was our bet? I slept since then. later rdd

"The Bet" was a reference to something you said in the Redneck Cornor about who would be top old guy. I might be having a senior moment. It may have been a comment from a couple of years ago. It's mute point anyway since Jerry is listing himself as a senior. Of course he's only a senior in earth years. We all know Jerry is from another planet! Richard

"The Bet" was a reference to something you said in the Redneck Cornor about who would be top old guy. I might be having a senior moment. It may have been a comment from a couple of years ago. It's mute point anyway since Jerry is listing himself as a senior. Of course he's only a senior in earth years. We all know Jerry is from another planet! Richard

Oh yea... It is still on I said next year, if I shoot bad, and you don't it will still be the next year syndrome :ph34r: later rdd

• 1 month later...

Going prone at the 25 yard line appears to be the way to go. I'm runnig just over the old par time, but almost all X's. Rich W. and John B. are also going prone. No one is using the 2X4. Richard