Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

I patterned my shotgun, now what?

I am trying to get ready to kick some a$$ at my first High Plains Shotgun Challenge. I shot my shotgun at various distances with my buckshot, #8's & #6's. I know how tight the pattern is with the various load/distances. What I don't know is how many of those little BB;s it is going to take to knock a no shoot plate off accidentally. I don't have time to get out to the range with some steel plates to do the testing before next weekend. I was hoping you guys might enlighten me with some insight.

How close will these no shoots be to the shoot plates? Where will I need to aim to knock down the plate that needs to be knocked down and not the one that doesn't? What else don't else do I need to know so that I don't have another, "$hit I wish I would have know that 240 seconds ago" moment at a major match.

he had them set so that on most of the no shoots you could move more and get more clearance from the no shoot. but he used some no shoots that provided cover for two shoot targets the more you moved to open up one shot the more the no shoot covered the next At both High plains shoots I have shot in, you had to aim to the side of the shoot target to keep form hitting the No shoot. on some of the shots anyway

Hey Jes...sea It,s (405) 308-.....well you get the idea, why don't you call the R.M., you know your..... amigo, and get the real story, instead of your favorite past time of inter-web guessing :D

Jamie a guy?? I have to see the chromosome test on that one. I thought he was more like the East German Speed Skaters of yore.

BTW I don't know if I am a top guy or not...but my head spins quit a bit...but I never change chokes, ever, ever ,ever! Light Modified for everything! (of coarse it is silver soldered into the barrel so it would be hard to change) :roflol:

Jamie a guy?? I have to see the chromosome test on that one. I thought he was more like the East German Speed Skaters of yore.

BTW I don't know if I am a top guy or not...but my head spins quit a bit...but I never change chokes, ever, ever ,ever! Light Modified for everything! (of coarse it is silver soldered into the barrel so it would be hard to change) roflol.gif

Kurt ....just becuse I turn you on, does not make Me the strange one.

And try harder to keep your hands off me I am not a Brit.

Kurt I think there is a guy on the forum that can actually thread the end of your benelli chokes so that you can screw a rem choke into it. I'll call you this week. I was mearly trying to save my monthly allocation of stupid questions for when you got back to town.

BTW I don't know if I am a top guy or not...but my head spins quit a bit...but I never change chokes, ever, ever ,ever! Light Modified for everything! (of coarse it is silver soldered into the barrel so it would be hard to change) roflol.gif

Kurt ....just becuse I turn you on, does not make Me the strange one.

this just got weird. I dont think I'm into 3 gun for the same reasons as some of you other guys?

Jesse for the sake of the other guys that don't know better, I have seen my plates take as many as 5 pellet hits and stay on the stand, the difference is that I don't know the angle they were hit or the pellet size, rest assured one or two pellets is not going to take a plate down. unless its a buck shot plate, those will be calibrated for a single #4 buck pellet to take them down.

Trapr

Jesse take two plates and place them side by side and from 15yds try to take one down without doing the same to the other, when you can do that quickly, then start to overlap them 1/4 then 1/2, then move to 20yds, and repeat.

do not place the plates on the ground, place them on stands, it makes them easier to fall. you can also play with chokes during this, or you can simply solder in your LM choke.

Trapr

How did my thread fmdrift off to tranny's? Thanks for tbe help guys! LOL.

No worries I got out to shoot this afternoon for an hour. I got the shoot one load one down respectably, slugs are hitting 3-4" high and 1" left at 40 yards. I can shoot the "shoot" plate almost dead center with my LM and #8 at 10 yds and the no shoot plate is still standing with about 1/3 overlap. Move out to 20 yds and I'm holding a barrel width off the shoot plate. At 30 yards it gets a little hairy so I'm gonna walk it in fro

quite a ways off.

Hey, you talk slap real good when you are 5,000 miles away, try saying that next after the 19th compardre ! :lol:

Do not listen to Kurts advice, buy a pistol grip and change chokes at EVERY oppertunity.

Good luck with the match guys, even if from what I gather Jessie is shooting it in a dress ...... :unsure: