Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

CZ-USA Model 712 Utility

On my 20" barrel I run the +3 on the 26" barrel I run the +7 but truth it's all up to you but I doubt I'd go with a +5 on a 20" tube it would look off in my eyes but that's just me. Later,

Kirk

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I've got a +4 on my 20", which gives 8+1 capacity. I've been trying to find a +1.5" tube ctap since I got the gun, but Nordic has been out of stock.

I may stop worrying at about it, since, if I'm reading the rules right for the club I'll be shooting at in VA after I move, they allow max 9 in the gun at any time for TO.

I'm new here and was looking for information on the 712. I just recently got one and started using for 3 gun. I've not had much time with it but I like it so far. one thing that i like about the new 712's is that they do not require any grinding to install the extension tube as the early models did. I used the +4 extension tube from Nordic. The clamp is well made but does not fit as well as I would like. My son is shooting with me and has been filming some of the events. He assembled a short review of the 712 that we just did and posted to youtube.

I would like to add a larger tactical bolt handle, does anybody know where to get one of these. I would also like to get a larger bolt release button or modify it to make it larger.

My gun has run almost flawlessly. I had some difficulties running Winchester shells at the first match, switched up to another brand that was available at the range during the match and was fine from then on. After the match, I tested some Remington target loads and then ran great. I went back and loaded a magazine of the Winchester (Steel base hulls) and they ran fine this time. Maybe the gun just needed some break-in time, or a good cleaning after the first shoot. One other thing to note, with the +4 extension tube or any extension tube that extends beyond the muzzle, it becomes difficult to use the choke tube wrench to remove the choke tubes quickly. CZ offers extended knurled choke tubes that I ordered and am going to try to see if they will facilitate easier changing. With all of the recent purchases for my son and I to get into this game, it was sure nice to find the 712 to be such a bargain.

At this time in the world and not to sound negative but fat chance in hell of a bolt handle! Nordic made a run of 10 just to see how it would go, well once people found out Tony had them they were gone pretty quick and we have been waiting ever since. Sad thing is that while the CZ has sorta taken off they don't have enough folks out there with them to justify the time on a machine over the other products. Later,

Kirk

Tony at Make Ready is a hell of a good guy! we were going to add the recoil springs to his site but there just wasn't a big enough need to have that many made were it wouldn't cost me a small fortune. Thing about the CZ stuff is right now they are on an upward slope but it's not steady enough to make a run of 100 or more bolt handles so Nordic has to justify the set-up time and machine time away from a products they sell a mess of. I know a couple of shops here in town I might talk with them and if it's not TOO much cash I'll find out what it would cost to make another run of them. No promises though guys! I have a normal job and a life that enjoys burning up my time like everyone else so be patient. Later,

Kirk

Probably cheaper to take and cut the stock handle and weld a larger end on it from maybe a benelli handle. Oh and by the way I have 2 712's and both have extended bolt handles. :devil:

I was trying to avoid that. I'm thinking about just bending appropriately sized round stock and notching it where needed.

Sent from my HTC Droid Incredible 2 using Tapatalk 2

I've been in Quality for more years than I care to mention so I know a few shops rather well MIGHT be able to get a favor. 3gungeezer I can one up ya, I've got one that has never been out of it's package :-P

I'll keep everyone posted on what I can find out. Later,

Kirk

Im shooting for at, or below nordics pricing. Depends on how much clean up work I have to do to the weld to be honest. I was thinking of just doing a quick clean up, and dipping in a plastidip or something similar.