Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

CZ-USA Model 712 Utility

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Finally got to take my Utility out and put some rounds through it. Started out with 30rds of 3" waterfowl loads to break it in. Let it cool down a bit, then put 25rds of federal target loads through it without a hitch. I'm goin to love this shotgun.

I have a o-rings, an extra bolt handle and an extra shell lifter coming from CZ. I'd like to get the spare lifter welded up. Who was they go-to guy for that?

Thanks

Adam

I've been trying to call CZ for the past 2 weeks trying to place an order. I sent an email today and they were very apologetic for not getting back to me. They said they were sending everything to me at no cost. I thought that was awesome.

I remember reading somewhere in the thread about someone TIG welding a mossberg bolt handle onto our stock one.... Is this possible? I thought that our stock handle was stainless steel...are the nordic handles stainless steel as well?

I did that and used a bolt handle from a Mossberg. Ialso have a Nordic handle that I use to.

Schultz

How hard was this. What is the stock handle made of (stainless)? The bfb I have from nordic is 12 gauge steel I believe. Is it possible to TIG there 2 together to make a solid fit?

My brother in law is a welder...maybe I'll get a spare bolt handle from CZ and a NC Mossy or Benelli handle and ask him to combine the two...I've been waiting for Nordic to get more CZ handles in stock since October or so.

Edited by Langenator

• 2 weeks later...

+ you can put a longer tube on

- not as easy to get around tight spots with.

Schultz

Was taking both in consideration. Limited I'm limited to 9 in the gun, and dont know how feasible I will be jamming a couple in after the buzzer.

My als is 26" barrel with a +4 nordic. Leaves plenty of room to go farther on the tube. I would suggest a barrel clamp for the longer type tubes to give support to it for barrel dumps. Don't want to break that thing off. Lol

My als is 26" barrel with a +4 nordic. Leaves plenty of room to go farther on the tube. I would suggest a barrel clamp for the longer type tubes to give support to it for barrel dumps. Don't want to break that thing off. Lol

Happen to have a picture of it? I can't find any of the 26's in stock anywhere.