Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Tactical Solution Ruger 10/22 barrel?

Aircooled6racer

Hello: I am thinking of getting a Tactical Solutions barrel for my Ruger 10/22 so my sons can shoot it at steel matches. Are the Tactical Solution barrels that much lighter than the Ruger rifle length barrels. My Ruger has the longer rifle barrel with the walnut stock, not the carbine. Let me know what you think or know :cheers: I have a aftermarket finger groove stock on there now that is shorter for them. One son is 11 and the other is 7. I will be using a C-More on there for now. Thanks, Eric

I never shot a steel challenge match with my 1022. but if I did I would not want an ultra light barrel. the only reason a kid would need an aftermarket barrel is for the Cool factor of how it looks.

Use the normal barrel and spend the cash on bullets.

Jamie: I knew you would say that. They do a hybrid steel match here that allows you to use pistol carbines and rifle 22's. I am not sure if the 7 year old could hold the rifle up that long to shoot 5 strings :surprise: I was thinking the aluminum barrel may be quite a bit lighter but the recoil would be more unless I use a comp. I am still thinking of the model 41 for me. I really want one :cheers: Maybe for Christmas. Thanks, Eric

Jamie: I knew you would say that. They do a hybrid steel match here that allows you to use pistol carbines and rifle 22's. I am not sure if the 7 year old could hold the rifle up that long to shoot 5 strings :surprise: I was thinking the aluminum barrel may be quite a bit lighter but the recoil would be more unless I use a comp. I am still thinking of the model 41 for me. I really want one :cheers: Maybe for Christmas. Thanks, Eric

Christmas! Why wait until Christmas? Easter is a perfect time for a new pistol! Talk to the gun bunny. :roflol:

CYa,

Pat

Christmas! Why wait until Christmas? Easter is a perfect time for a new pistol! Talk to the gun bunny. :roflol:

CYa,

Pat

Pat: Very funny :roflol: With me trying to build a Open 9mm, Commander 9mm 2011 and now this 10/22 and I just found out Tactical Solutions is going to make a Glock 22 conversion I have to shoot and eat that bunny :devil: Thanks, Eric

I have a TacSol barrel on a 10/22. Its a bit lighter (I was interested in a lower 'swing' weight)

The balance is better (its also in a Hogue stock) and the TacSol barrel shoots crazy small groups.

Difference in recoil is negligible, with or without the comp/brake (TacSol's 'comp' is mostly ceremonial;-)

The cool factor is high too...

Eric, There is Ruger rimfire type steel match out at Big Horn Gun Club on the 4th Sunday of the month. My boys and I shot there last weekend. Was alot of fun. Mike who runs the match has several rifles with Tac Solutions barrels on them. I am sure he would let you try one. Email me if you want more information.

Kevin

kevinpagano@yahoo.com

Kevin: I appreciate the info and I will touch base with you on that. I also found out today I need to get a new scope mount for the C-More railway mount I have. The old mount that is on there will not work. I figured out today that the Ruger 10/22 I have is about 27 years old now and still runs great :cheers: I have been looking at the Tactical Solutions stuff since it seems like very well built stuff. I have shot some of there pistol barrels on friends different 22's. They work well. I am also looking at the new Ruger 22/45RP. Thanks, Eric

I really like the tac sol stuff too. I just recently got involved with the rimfire shooting due alot to cost and having 2 boys that want to shoot as well. We are currently using stock 10/22's and a buckmark that I really like alot. I think over the years I forgot how fun it was shooting 22's. I ran into the Ruger Rimfire Series type matches on the internet and was really interested. I am going to look into starting one of these monthly matches at my home club as well.

• 4 weeks later...

Hello: I just bought and installed one on my sons 10/22 today. It will make it alot better for a 7 year old to shoot. Now I just have to cut down a stock when it comes and he should be all set. Now to build a 10/22 with iron sights for the 11 year old :surprise: Thanks, Eric

• 2 weeks later...

Good deal! I have two TacSols on some 10/22s and one on a Buckmark, great barrels. I just ordered a Carbon Fiber MR barrel to build another Steel Challenge rifle. Hope you enjoy them as much as I do...